A variety of Nvidia GeForce GPUs are back in stock at near MSRP levels

midian182

Staff member

Update (5/18): Nvidia has tweeted out once again letting gamers and enthusiasts know that more GeForce cards are in stock at or near at MSRP levels. This time they're not just selling cards themselves but linking to a wide variety of retailers who have special listings for Nvidia products, so it's easier to browse what is available broken down by GPU, from the GTX 1050 to the GTX 1080 Ti which are all in stock as of writing.

Participating retailers include Amazon, BestBuy, B&H Photo, Newegg, Fry's and card partners like eVGA, PNY and Zotac.

If you want to know what's what, and make sure you're getting a good deal, check out TechSpot's Graphics Card Pricing Analysis: May 2018.

Also in the past week we updated TechSpot's Best Graphics Cards to reflect recent pricing and buying guide recommendations.

Last month brought the welcome news that after what has seemed like an eternity, GPU prices look set to fall to normal levels. Now, we’re starting to see graphics cards back in stock at many retailers, and with their prices continuing to fall.

With cryptomining farm operators cutting or stopping their GPU orders, due partly to the impending arrival of new ASIC miners, once ridiculously priced cards have been getting cheaper. No better example of this is on Nvidia’s website. The company has restocked its line of 10-series Founders Edition cards, offering everything from the GTX 1050 to the Titan Xp at MSRP.

Nvidia is limiting the number of cards to two per customer, which is doubtlessly a wise decision. As of writing, it appears that the GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are currently sold out, so prices start at $299 for the 6GB version of the GTX 1060. But gamers will probably be more interested in the high-end options such as the 1080 and 1080 Ti. Some retailers had been selling both GPUs for well over $1000 at the height of the cryptomining craze, but Nvidia now sells them for $549 and $699, respectively.

If you’d rather not go with Founders Edition cards, Nvidia’s Made to Game promotional campaign page contains links to GPUs from the likes of EVGA, Asus, and Zotac. Some of the prices are as little as $30 more than Nvidia’s FEs, though some appear considerably higher.

While all the non-FE cards remain more expensive than they should be, especially as some are now two years old, the prices are a vast improvement over what we’ve been seeing. Hopefully, cryptominers won’t take advantage and start buying the cards in bulk, thereby pushing up prices again. As for AMD, whose cards offer more efficient mining than Nvidia, it seems the red team’s GPUs are still hard to find.

Permalink to story.

"If you’d rather not go with Founders Edition cards, Nvidia’s Made to Game promotional campaign page contains links to GPUs from the likes of EVGA, Asus, and Zotac. Some of the prices are as little as $30 more than Nvidia’s FEs, though some appear considerably higher."

If you can remember, nVidia`s FE prices were actually HIGHER than MSRP`s. Of course, no one cared about those so AIB models were more expensive than nVidia`s FE models and still are.

A downward trend starts from MSRP down. This just reverts price inflation to launch prices 2 years later. MSRP used to be a ridiculously high suggested price, but now we should be glad that Nvidia's cards are essentially evergreen.

I wish SLI was more supported cause I would love to grab another 1080 after the 1100 series is launched and these go even lower.

Thank God for ASIC builders. Hopefully the ASICs keep up when the 11x0 cards come out. I'm going to get an 1180Ti to replace my old struggling 1080. (It struggles with ULTRA settings at 4k).

This is good news, but I'm waiting.
GTX 11 series FE cards available in July and custom cards soon after. ;)

Nearly two years later and I'm sitting here with a GTX 1080 that struggles to do 4K on newer games.

But hey, I can spend close to $1K for, what, a 20% increase in speed?

Where are all the cards, period? Much less the increases in speeds and new GPUs from the last two years? All the GPU manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank while crying wolf about being the victim...

Here in Denmark prices have not fallen at all. We see some weekend offerings, but they are in order of "save 2%" so for me that's not a significant price drop.

Hell, a lowly GTX1050 2Gb is sold at the MSRP price af a full 1060 6Gb.... Insane.

Only cards not hit by cryptomining is GT1030 and alike. You can even get a yesteryear GT710 for about $20.. gotta lie down...

Nearly two years later and I'm sitting here with a GTX 1080 that struggles to do 4K on newer games.

But hey, I can spend close to $1K for, what, a 20% increase in speed?

Where are all the cards, period? Much less the increases in speeds and new GPUs from the last two years? All the GPU manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank while crying wolf about being the victim...

Unfortunately I don't expect this to change until AMD releases it's new cards as well. Nvidia can release it's next gen cards this summer but it won't mean much if AMD doesn't have a competing product.

Don't pay more than $135 for a GTX 1150 when they arrive in November. Expect a virtual coinage bust to result in glut of used 1070s & 1080s.

Back