About.balnk browser hijacked. HJK log attached. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc is all screwed up..My browser was hijacked by about.Blank also tons of pop ups. Also when going to certain websites I get kicked off the browser. Please help.. I ran all sorts of anti-virus-spyware. Attached is my HJK logfile, Let me know what I can do to kill it!
Thanks!!

Fresh Log file

I followed the directions and used cw shredder, adaware,spybot and than hijack this..I cleaned out what I found to be bad and just attached a fresh log file. I am still getting kicked off the browser when accessing certain websites and chat rooms. Any ideas.??

about blank deletion

you need to get into the windows file - I would expect that you cannot open the control panel - but can use another program such as power desk. Go to the Windows directory and sort by SIZE - then scroll down and you will find a group of dll's, ALL with a size of 64K bites. Block and delete them ALL., then close and restart. ... this is an EVIL program.

Move HJT to its own PERMANENT directory.
Boot in Safe Mode
Switch off System Restore
Press ctrl/alt/del and in taskmanager try to STOP: nardx32.exe

Next, run HJT on its own and let it fix:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nardx32.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\ag\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [e054RXNqg] nardx32.exe

When done, delete C:\WINDOWS\System32\nardx32.exe
Clean EVERYTHING from C:\DOCUME~1\ag\LOCALS~1\Temp
Boot normal.
When OK, restart System Restore

Maybe you should re-install your Avast?
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)

Or was it due to the hijack? run HJT to see if that line is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back