Acer Aspire X1200 SFF system review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Acer recently introduced the Aspire X1200 small form factor system, one of their latest desktop additions to the ever expanding Aspire line. Acer describes the X1200 as a stylish, space saving and low-cost option for an average business computer or home theater PC.

Currently shipping in three different packages - the first which we'll be taking a look at today - consists of an AMD Athlon X2 4850e processor operating at 2.5GHz, 4GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, Nvidia GeForce 8200 graphics, a DVD burner and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit for about $470.

Measuring only 10.6 x 4.0 x 14.4 inches, Acer has managed to pack a lot of computer into a very small package, which includes a 14-in-1 card reader, eSATA and HDMI ports and full 5.1-channel audio support.

https://www.techspot.com/review/119-acer-aspire-x1200/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

please tell me how to get the HDMI working ! plugged it to a 46" JVC TV but nothing! nothing on internet or Acers site !

This product sucks......!!!! I m suffering being the owner of this product... story in detail later if any one interested.

To alert the aspiring buyers My machine suddenly stopped working after 6 months . I gave the machine for service under warranty conditions, My machine was kept by Acer service center for 4 months stating motherboard failure,... Waiting for Parts ... i m surprised that it takes 4 month for a hardware giant (contrary the claim RITHIK ROSHAN makes on the TV) to replace a motherboard.... well after fixing the mother board it still doesn't work and to top it up LAN card is missing......

Now You decide..

Mallika

I agree, I have this computer the Acer 1200 and had nothing but problems... Would not power up right out of the box, speaker problem and now I have very faint horizontal lines on my display.

Did you have any problems before your mother board went out?

David

My acer 1200 seamed to work fine in the beginning, but as i started downloading games and such i came across an interesting problem. The company installed the wrong NVIDIA drivers on my system. however I corrected the problem and have not had any since. The speakers on this model though i dislike very much.

Back