Actor's resume seemingly confirms Grand Theft Auto 6 is in development (Updated)

midian182

Staff member

Correction: While GTA 6 is almost certainly in early production, it seems the resumes in question are fake. Tim Neff told PCGamesN: "That isn't my page, account or résumé. I don't even know that website. I worked on GTA 5 a long time ago and haven't done anything since. Sorry for the confusion. It seems I'm being trolled online really badly."

Back in 2016, rumors surfaced claiming Rockstar had started preliminary work on Grand Theft Auto 6. Today, we've seen possible evidence that the game is further along in its development cycle than expected, all thanks to the resume of a stunt man/motion capture actor.

As noted by this NeoGAF thread, Tim Neff's resume reveals he's done motion capture stunt work for Rockstar's upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2. But it's another entry that has grabbed people's attention: Neff lists Grand Theft Auto 6 as one of the titles he's worked on.

The resume appears on Resumes Breakdown Express and "premier stunt directory" iStunt.com.

While it could be a mistake or a simple typo - Neff has worked on Grand Theft Auto 5 - he did upload a photo on Instagram showing his visit to Rockstar's San Diego offices last February. The #mocap, #videogame, and #stunts hashtags suggest this was when he worked on GTA 6.

Considering that GTA V is still selling well (it's the UK's best-selling game of 2017 so far), the fact GTA Online is making an obscene amount of money, and the sheer amount of time it takes to make one of these games, expect GTA 6 to arrive no earlier than 2019.

Back in May, it was announced that another Rockstar game Neff worked on - Red Dead Redemption 2 - was being pushed back from its fall release to Spring 2018. There's still no word on a PC version, but a petition to bring it to the platform has now surpassed 57,000 signatures.

Permalink to story.

GTA 6 will come at EOL of current gen consoles. Just like GTA V came at the EOL for the ps3/360.
Ps3/360 started with GTA IV and ended its life with GTA V. The ps4/xone started with GTA V and will end with GTA VI, just in time to carry it over to the next platform and double up on money.
I just hope they stop forcing chromatic aberration in future games, gta v looks smudgy cause of it.

I just hope they stop forcing chromatic aberration in future games, gta v looks smudgy cause of it.

Chromatic aberration is the most backward graphical feature in games. Out of all the useless/visually intrusive features, it's the one that deserves to die the most. It's a literal defect that developers include as an enhancement.

Chromatic aberration is the most backward graphical feature in games. Out of all the useless/visually intrusive features, it's the one that deserves to die the most. It's a literal defect that developers include as an enhancement.
It makes me want to cry. Most games are including a toggle for it now. Dying Light got a toggle update for it a while back. Bad part is that most gamers can't even see it to point it out, let alone complain about it. Though once you can recognize the effect it becomes irritating you are forced to live with such a horrible "enhancement."

Back