advice pls, crashing computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekade

hey everyone! this is my first thread here and im hoping to get the help i need! (other than that from a mental institution for being addicted to gaming haha)

heres the deal, my computer was built from scratch, its a hot design beast, and its been running smoothly for like 4 months. i love it. anyway, ive been burning dvds since i got it. anyways, i bought these dvd;s and have been trying to burn movies off my comp - but every time, my comp just turns itself off. no warning. it just turns off. like the power has gone out or something. and then you have to wait like 5 mins before you can turn it back on, its like a car ignition that wont click over, it tries to start, but it cant. now im sitting here, and i havent got one of the disks in, and the comp is running fine and has been on for like 4 hours.

now when i put the dvd's in, it doesnt turn off straight away. it might be on for an hour, of 15 mins...it just turns off! now ive done virus scans, checked that all my hardware is functioning properly and everything is sweet.

does any one know what could the problem be?? or can blank disks actually be turning off my comp? PLEASE HELP ME! IM GOING TO CRY!

*pouts*

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post.

It sounds like some kind of overheating problem to me.

Once we have you system specs we will be able to help you better.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok ive put some specs up, there is some info that i dunno how to find out...like my cooling? the fans working tho

First make sure your computer is clean. See HERE

What are your cpu temps?

What cooling fans do you have in your case?

What psu do you have?

Regards Howard :)

If you download the free Everest programme from HERE it`ll give you lots of info about your system. It will also allow you to monitor you cpu, and case temps.

As regards your psu, you would have to open your case, and take a look at it. It should have a lable on it that says what the wattage is.

Your case cooling fans should be quite apparent. Then again, opening up your computer will let you see exactly what fans you have.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back