Which Is The Best ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

While Browsing I found the following article :

AGP Vs. PCIE :

The format revolution has happened, and the new standards introduced by the industry have all made a solid appearance in just about every motherboard format out there.

The most exciting change for computer enthusiasts was easily the introduction of the PCI-E bus system, which promised to deliver the ever increasingly powerful GPUs in graphics cards from the shackles of AGP… but does it?

With its increased bus bandwidth, PCI-E should allow the latest generation of graphics cards - almost little PCs within a PC, nowadays – to fully unleash their polygon crunching, rendering and painting abilities. It is a new technology, though, and like its siblings (DDR2 and SATA) it’s aimed at providing performance increases in the long run development of components, rather than in the immediate application of current hardware.

Bearing that in mind, we take a look at two cutting edge gaming systems, both armed with an ATI X800XL card and a 64-bit Athlon CPU, but each based on a different architecture. It’s time to find out how AGP fares against the current incarnations of PCI-E, and whether the upgrade hype is justified. Welcome to our crossed AGP/PCI Nforce 4/KT800 shootout.

[CENTER]Continue...[/CENTER]

Which is the VCR and Which is the Blue Ray ... I know what u r thinking but I assure u it's all the way around ;) AGP still surpasses the PCIE in many aspects just read the full article ;) AND PLEASE VOTE AND SAY Y .....

#1..look when the article was written.

This is a comparision between two low end systems. Compare today's best Pci-e card, against the best AGP card, and you will (hopefully) change your mind.

It's almost Identical in almost every test .... PCIE surpasses AGP in certain tests not ALL ... It depends on your OS .... Click The Link Below To See Where The PCIE Goes K.O :

PCIE K.O'ed

irregardless of what the article says PCIE will be the better in no time (as it already is today).

Yess u can ;) GeForce 7800 GS/OS & GeForce 7900 GS and so many others .... And I just found an article that says AGP will remain for the next couple of years till PCIE is perfected ... Yess PCIE is not yet 100% efficient .... AGP is still a Force to be reckoned with :p

Well.....

I'm not sure the manufacturers are completely on board with you. I think that IDE busses and AGP ports are rapidly becoming "legacy" connections. My Intel G965WHMK board doesn't have any provision for an AGP graphics card. It's now obsolete due to the new 1333FSB processors, but yes, I'll probably keep it for a couple of years anyway. If we accept the premise of this poll then we should be cogitating on whether to buy an AGP or a PCI-E card. That would way down on my priority list. Newegg lists over 400 PCI-E cards and 133 AGP 4X/8X. That doesn't sound like the ratio of an evolving technology on the part of AGP. The AGP merchandise of today, IMHO, should be viewed as continuing support, nothing more.

My motherboard only has 1 IDE port. It's got 6 SATAs and 1 eSATA, but only 1 IDE, and that IDE is only there because of the rarity of SATA optical drives.

This is a no brainer.

The articles for AGP which have been quoted are ancient. They aren't even well written to start with (I love those graphs which doesn't start from 0).

If you're going to buy a brand new AGP system, there's 2 things I'd like to say to you.
1. Good luck finding one.
2. Good luck getting high end graphics cards.

Even right now, there are rumors that PCIe is going to be laid to rest soon (soon being in a few years).

If you need a poll to ask this question, I don't know what to say. I'm more worried about when my PCIe will be replaced with PCIe 2.0
This point in time is going to be sooner than you think, as the other major component (DDR3) in the platform elevation is already here.

I don't know, the last I heard, eta for PCIe 2.0 was 3 to 5 years.

Even then, I must remind you that you shouldn't jump on the new bandwagon immediately. They usually are too expensive, and full of bugs, so wait at least a few months first.

I'm curious to see what this guys next post will be about. P4 3.2 vs c2duo 2.4 ? I voted agp to spice it up a bit, although ehh...forget it, lol.

Python? Not the programming Language the Comedy Troup....!

I'm old, maybe that's why I remember this skit by Monty Python, It was called "The Argument Clinic". A guy walks up to a door marked "The Argument Clinic", so he goes in and asks the man behind the desk, "Is this the right room for an argument"? The guy behind the desk says, "no it isn't"! the guy at the door says, "yes it is, it says so on the door"! It is, It isn't, ad nauseum. Now you should have a background for the purpose of this thread.

Let's make it interesting, I say we abandoned standard PCI too quickly! What do you say to that?

Abandoned the standard PCI? We still use it!

But I get what you mean. The starter of this thread probably likes the stone age.

Who abandoned pci, not me, not the industry either. We call these things innovations. The better always supercedes right? PCI is currently used for less power hungry demanding items. Although there are a few pci graphics cards. I havnt seen much of them lately. Its all good old chap. Somebody has to back the dieing interfaces up right? Did we abandon standard pci too quickly because pockets weren't ready? If everyone thought this way, we'd be riding in 1957 Ford Fairlanes my friend.

lol, talk about sticking with old, I still have uses for FDDs. Do new computers come with FDD connectors? (mine still do)

If anyone wants to donate a PCI graphics card this way, feel free. Its something I've NEVER owned, and I probably won't be in a hurry to buy one, even though it would be so handy to have.

lol i guess it would be handy. PCI graphics cards dont come with new monitor interfaces huh. At least the new graphics cards come with convertors.

You say Ford, I say Chevy.....

It is incumbent upon the poor hapless consumer to line his pockets with gold, in ADVANCE of the next big thing, or he will be denied access to the kingdom of heaven! (St Peter will reset his password).
What's wrong with a 57 Ford that couldn't be fixed by replacing it with a 57 Chevy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back