Alg.exe Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm getting this error everytime i started my computer "alg.exe application error. A breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x00951946. Im currently running windows 2000 on my system. I did a google search on this error and it says its a windows file an Application Layer Gateway Service , the link i went to recommended a registry fix and so that's what i did, i downloaded and installed registry boost 1.4, and it found several problems on my registry however after i started my computer that error is still there! (and its pretty annoying).

i scanned my system for viruses using AVG but none was found, i run spybot and avg anti spyware and its saying my system is clean! How can i get rid of this error w/o having to reinstall my OS. PLEASE HELP. any suggestions is very much appreciated.

thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Let`s check to make sure your alg.exe file is running from the correct location.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your system is badly infected with a variety of malware. Your alg.exe file is running from the wrong location and is very nasty.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bluerose123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back