Am I clean? (logs attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today my AVG detected a virus, and after cleaning it, Firefox kept getting hijacked with pop-up websites and ads for that Antivirus 2009 scam.
After reading about it online, I decided to do the 8-Step process to get rid of it, and I did it as best as I could, twice-over to be safe. Here are the latest logs from the programs. Am I clean?

Thanks.

edit: I haven't been getting any popups or other symptoms since running through the steps the first time.

Can someone please take a quick look at this? I'm 90% sure I got everything (I was getting a mix of viruses like getmodule30, gadcom, vundo and a rootkit), but I would like to be 100% sure before I move on.

Sadly you can never truly know if you are clean unles syou format y our HD and reinstall windows. But in many cases that is only in the extreme.

I had a client 2 weeks ago threw everything off his desk as his laptop kept crashing BSOD.

I tried Mcafee,Norton trial(latest) and our in house norton ver.10 corp version.
Also tried SPybot and Superantispyware remover and adaware 2008 and systemmechanic 8 professional ,hijackthis and all these products found nothing and only deleted cookies.

I was at wits end and he just went home he was so angry and frustrated he could not do any work.

So a last ditch effort I tried online scanning and tried F-secure free online scanner and it found 2 root kits and 32 malware trojan infections present and removed them all.

He refuses to let me fdisk the HD and reimage his laptop...... sad as this is what needs to be done.

He thinks it was his daughter that infected it when he brought it home.

If you format and start over every time you have a little malware. You are going to be a very, very busy person.

The keyword here is "you"!

We however can tell you after our steps are completed, in reasonable certainty if you are clean.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back