Am I missing a sound driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

One of my friends was having some audio issues with his PC and I had offered to attempt to fix it. I noticed he had no drivers installed for his audio devices and I searched for a while and found them. I have installed the drivers without any problems however I am not hearing any audio at all. What type of information will I need to provide to you to start figuring this out?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

well, did you go bak in device manager to make sure its working properly, passed that did you go into control panel and make sure the os has that sound device as the default or main input device or sound.

Operating system, make/model or computer/motherboard, what driver you downloaded (url to site is good), what checks you have done so far.

One commonly missed item is to enable the sound Service in Admin Tools, Services (XP).

well, did you go bak in device manager to make sure its working properly, passed that did you go into control panel and make sure the os has that sound device as the default or main input device or sound.

Thanks for the quick reply,

I have checked the device manager and everything seems to be working fine, no conflicts or otherwise. I have gone into control panel and the audio device is detected "SiS 7012 Wave" and it is set as the primary device.

The SiS website was the one it came from (can't post links yet) and should I post an everest report?

Confirm if device manager is or is not reporting problems
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
Generate a DirectX reportUse DirectX diagnostics to report on your computer info as well as provide you troubleshooting assistance
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)
You can also review the info displayed for you in the DirectX window and use the Help tab for additional assistance.

If there are no device manager problems reported i'd guess it's likely simply a settings issue (e.g. it's muted or something's simply not turned on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back