Amazon suspends studio boss Roy Price following sexual harassment claims

midian182

Staff member

Not only have the Harvey Weinstein revelations seen him fired from the production company he co-founded and become the subject of criminal investigations, but they’ve also led to other Hollywood stars speaking out against big industry names who abused their positions of power.

The latest allegations come from Man in the High Castle producer Isa Hackett, who, in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, talked about a “shocking and surreal” experience with Roy Price, the head of Amazon Studios.

Hackett said Price repeatedly propositioned her during an Amazon staff party in July 2015 following the San Diego Comic-Con. “You will love my dick,” he told her, continuing his behavior even after Hackett told him she wasn’t interested and that she was a lesbian with a wife and children.

Hackett claims at one point, Price stepped close to her as she talked to other Amazon executives and loudly said “Anal sex” in her ear. She says an outside investigator was hired when the incident was brought to Amazon’s attention, but she was never informed of the inquiry’s outcome.

Just hours after the the story's publication, Amazon suspended the executive. "Roy Price is on leave of absence effective immediately. We are reviewing our options for the projects we have with The Weinstein Co,” the company said in a statement.

The suspension arrived on the same day actress Rose McGowan tweeted that Price didn’t listen to her claims that she was raped by Weinstein, who was being considered for a producer role on a show of hers. Price brought him onboard anyway, and Amazon studios won what McGowan called “a dirty Oscar.”

Permalink to story.

I'm not fan of the casting couch but isn't it interesting how these gals always wait until they've become stars before coming out with this stuff? Its as if their careers were more important than their dignity. In any case, that women who claims she was raped is right about one thing: there's definitely rot in Hollywood and its been that way for at least 30 years. Does anyone else think this is going to be leveraged into an effort to put women and SJWs in control of the studios?

Once upon a time, someone was "innocent until proven guilty! Now, someone is guilty because some woman says he is:

@jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.

These b!tches should be made to start start wearing body cams, before they can make single ended accusations, or pronouncements of someone's guilt.

Every time one of these issues presents itself, al of a sudden women start "piling on", coming out of the woodwork. Half of them, probably put out when the possibility of stardom presented itself.

With the state of affairs between the sexes today, every day is a teenage dance replay, boy s on one side of the room girls on the other.

I say, "bring on the sexbots", at least they won't be suing you 20 years after a voluntary act, for "sexual harassment".

That would be nice and legal if used in GoT:

Jamie Lannister: You will love my ****!
Brian of Tarth: Oh jamie.....

I'm not fan of the casting couch but isn't it interesting how these gals always wait until they've become stars before coming out with this stuff? Its as if their careers were more important than their dignity. In any case, that women who claims she was raped is right about one thing: there's definitely rot in Hollywood and its been that way for at least 30 years. Does anyone else think this is going to be leveraged into an effort to put women and SJWs in control of the studios?
Your theory makes no sense. If the women in question are already famous as you say, then why would they come forward and accuse someone of sexual misconduct? They have nothing to gain from it. They already have the money and the fame. Let me guess, some kind of revenge plot? Also, many times women DO come forward shortly after the incident happens, but these powerful men always have a way of making the problem go away.

Oh and one more thing, what about the audio recording of Weinstein repeatedly trying to get a woman to come down to his basement for just five minutes and also admitting to inappropriately touching her breasts the day before.

Once upon a time, someone was "innocent until proven guilty! Now, someone is guilty because some woman says he is:

@jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.

These b!tches should be made to start start wearing body cams, before they can make single ended accusations, or pronouncements of someone's guilt.

Every time one of these issues presents itself, al of a sudden women start "piling on", coming out of the woodwork. Half of them, probably put out when the possibility of stardom presented itself.

With the state of affairs between the sexes today, every day is a teenage dance replay, boy s on one side of the room girls on the other.

I say, "bring on the sexbots", at least they won't be suing you 20 years after a voluntary act, for "sexual harassment".
People like you with this kind of attitude is exactly the reason why most women don't come forward. They're made to feel as if they're making it up or they were asking for it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I love how some of these guys hate women so much, they're willing to defend the Hollywood Elite.

Your theory makes no sense. If the women in question are already famous as you say, then why would they come forward and accuse someone of sexual misconduct? They have nothing to gain from it. They already have the money and the fame. Let me guess, some kind of revenge plot? Also, many times women DO come forward shortly after the incident happens, but these powerful men always have a way of making the problem go away.

Oh and one more thing, what about the audio recording of Weinstein repeatedly trying to get a woman to come down to his basement for just five minutes and also admitting to inappropriately touching her breasts the day before.
Thanks Kasmin for great insight into a very delicate matter. Often times such allegations made either by men or women do in fact take time. It takes a lot of moola to fight any powerhouse concerning such delicate matters. Most victims won't speak out for fear of reprimand by colleagues, friends & sometimes family. Most are sworn to secrecy others are played the fear factor.
There is nothing new about the casting couch. It is what it is & most certainly it is something that should never happen period. When it does it takes strength, courage & inner perserverence to make such claims. Regardless of gender; one thing is for certain & that is that these persons will be revictimized all over again. Once the court dust settles these victims will endure chronic post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. Powerful men & women get away with anything they can good or bad. Coming forward can mean that victims can no longer tolerate the demons they deal with on a daily basis. Also, coming forward also means that victims stand to lose a lot more than their dignity. By that I'm referring to their careers.
Anyone that violates the space of another needs to be held accountable. ..point finale !

And people like you who believe that a woman is incapable of planning, seeking revenge, fortune, position, or using their bodies for self advancement, have been watching too much Oprah. (And likely genuflect to any woman desperate enough to give you the time of day).

Read this again: @jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.

If the woman says the man is guilty, the man is guilty, and furthermore, she believes that's the only proof anyone might need, or be entitled to. Let's abolish the court system, who needs it? She has a Twitter account, and if she tweets something, we're obliged to take it as the word of god.

...[ ]....Anyone that violates the space of another needs to be held accountable. ..point finale !
So, are you presumptuous enough that you think you're the last word on this? You're far from it

This is the most naive and knee-jerk comment in the thread. First of all, there is plenty to gain from a sexual misconduct allegation. Brand wise, it allows for participation in the victim olympics. This gets people interviews and leverage in contract negotiations, which translates to money. The perfect examples of this are Rose McGowan and Lindsay Lohan, who went from irrelevant to front-page news this week.

Next to this, there is mere malice. If you think a bunch of women aren't willing to destroy a man just to satisfy their feelings or political leanings, go review the UVA rape hoax or the evolving definition of rape on college campuses. There is nothing on this planet more ruthless than a human female. If you don't appreciate this, you don't have the first clue about women.

This ruthlessness includes using their bodies to get promotions/career advancement and re-framing consensual acts as rape or abuse once it suits their interests to do so. Why, you ask? Because being a victim is good for your personal brand. Sleeping your way into fame or power or success is not.

In the future, there will be three types of men (if it isn't that way already). Those who know the game, those who don't, and those who quit the game and fiddle with robots. Those who know the game will look like kings. Those who don't will continue to wind up in articles like this.

And people like you who believe that a woman is incapable of planning, seeking revenge, fortune, position, or using their bodies for self advancement, have been watching too much Oprah. (And likely genuflect to any woman desperate enough to give you the time of day).

Read this again: @jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.

If the woman says the man is guilty, the man is guilty, and furthermore, she believes that's the only proof anyone might need, or be entitled to. Let's abolish the court system, who needs it? She has a Twitter account, and if she tweets something, we're obliged to take it as the word of god.

So, are you presumptuous enough that you think you're the last word on this? You're far from it
No I'm not the last word on this & neither are you.

No I'm not the last word on this & neither are you.
No I'm not. But over the years I believe I've proved I'm quite a bit closer to it than you.

This generation's brainwashing by a matriarchal society has been elevated to a realm of effectiveness heretofore unknown in the primate world.

Listen up s****d, women have exactly the same emotions, (positive and negative), ambitions, desires and needs, as does a man. They also possess the exact same amount of ruthlessness to accomplish those goals. In fact, due to their physical inferiority to men, they most likely have elevated the mental, more treacherous side, of their behaviors to extreme heights. Through the ages it has been said, "man kills by the sword, but poison is a woman's weapon of choice".

Studies have shown they'll pass up a good looking man for one who is less physically attractive, if they believe the less attractive man can provide more to them in the financial sense.
You need to take some clues from the animal world. In a pride of lions, the females do the killing, while the male acts as the "bouncer", keeping other males away from his women.

At the end of this little vignette, lies the basis for an old adage and an accepted snippet of folk wisdom, the female is, "deadlier than the male".

Bonobo chimpanzees openly practice homosexual acts.

The only thing which today separates man from the animals, is, at least for the most part, is the fact that we have suppressed the open urge "to kill or be killed", for that of territorial and financial conquest.

Notice above I said "territorial conquest". Note too, that in nature most land predators have defined territories, which they will defend to the death to maintain. I wonder if that's where we got the idea to "fight for god and country". After all, man is the most ruthless and successful predator to ever inhabit the planet thus far..

Last edited:
Oh man, this is classic, and even has a word for it...

DrESzyq.png

Try reading it again, slowly. Maybe it will actually sink in this time.

Are any of you Rush Limbaugh repeatn blame it all on everyone else extremist wacos capable of seeing beyond this symptom of societal problems to what might be the root cause of this? Or do you really think that being a big bad wolf huffing and puffing Rush Limbaugh's stuff is going to solve anything?

The world has gone the way of the bully before, one would think that it has learned its lesson, but that seems not to be the case. Good luck with all that anger being spouted. When you get to your goal, my bet is that you will have no idea what to do with it.

More than that, my bet is that not one of you will be able to come out of your anger long enough to give an even remotely intelligent response to this post. If you cannot figure this out, it is a challenge to each of you to use what brain power you may possess. So far, all any of you have is an opinion, and you know what one of your hero's lines in a movie says about that - "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one." You've contributed nothing to this except to wave your stuff around like a gorilla who has learned that making the most noise gets it the most attention.

Last edited:

People like you with this kind of attitude is exactly the reason why most women don't come forward. They're made to feel as if they're making it up or they were asking for it. You should be ashamed of yourself.
If it looks, smeels, walks, feels, and tastes like a duck, I'm gonna call it a duck. You can call it a squirrel all you want, its a freaking duck.

All these big harassment claims follow the same pattern. They all happened many years ago, are all brought up in bunches after some major harassment suit goes public, and often are just he said she said with no evidence. They often strike men in powerful or high up positions.

It stinks of opportunism. If these events of "harassment" actually occurred, why wait so long to say something? These victims should all know that, by waiting this long, they are simply turning people against them, and inviting far more opposition. Especially when so many of these cases fall into "he said/she said" with no concrete evidence because they are either attention grabs or they waited far too long to bring the issue to light.

If women dont want to be made to "feel they are making it up", they shouldnt wait a decade until bringing the issue up at a very opportunistic time for themselves. It isnt rocket science here.

The world has gone the way of the bully before, one would think that it has learned its lesson, but that seems not to be the case. Good luck with all that anger being spouted. When you get to your goal, my bet is that you will have no idea what to do with it.
Right, which explains Kim Jong Il, the Chinese government, the Taliban, Isis, and a host of other violent actors active in the world, which according to your statement above, don't exist. Or more correctly, haven't gained any followers or traction on the world stage.

\Meanwhile you sit on your a** in an ivory tower somewhere, pontificating.

The reality of the issue is this, some of those women opportunistically participated in the "casting couch ritual", and many of those same women are opportunistically presenting themselves as victims today, (Notice I didn't say all).

Last edited:
Back