AMD Duron 1.6Ghz-No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a System using a Lex BN790T Mobo and a 900MHz Duron Proscessor with a FSB of 100MHz. Upon installing a 1.6 GHz Duron (133MHz FSB) and setting the CPU FSB to 133MHz the system fails to start, with the optical drives lighting up briefly and the Harddisc light on constantly, with no Beeps or anything. It has a power supply of 230v and the RAM installed is 512Mb or PC133 SDRAM. Is there likely to be any problem with this or is my motherboard faulty?
P.S other 133MHz proscessors have produced the same results.

I am not familiar with your board, but the Duron 1.6Ghz and 900Mhz CPUs have very different core.

Only very recent boards can support the new line of Durons (Applebred core). Most of these board also support Athlon XP 2700+ CPUs or better.

Older Durons that most boards within the past couple years accept are code named "Morgan". These run in the lower 1Ghz range.

The price differen't isn't that much though and you can pick up an 1800+ XP for just a few bucks more if you shop around.

Thanks guys. Problem is I cannpt find any support for my motherboard on the net. Anyone know any comprehensive sites for Award BIOS upgrades?

Originally posted by Rick
Older Durons that most boards within the past couple years accept are code named "Morgan". These run in the lower 1Ghz range.
Codename "Spitfire" from 600 to 950 MHz,
"Morgan" from 900 to 1300 MHz or thereabouts.

Hi guys, first post but unfortunately I can't help with any other resources here, I've had bother with this board since day one, the "magic" install CD couldn't detect the sound chip, (but it could see a network card I didn't have installed :eek: ) neither could Windows, it won't accept anything up to 512 MB memory chips of either PC133 or DDR type and now when I've just spent more cash on 1GB of PC133 I get blue screens on all three operating systems I boot from, the XP one mentions that the BIOS isn't fully ACPI compliant but there are no recent BIOS updates available from the site link mentioned above, which is the only place I could ever find any info over the three years I've been using this paperweight and room heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back