AMD OC Tip!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Need advice from the experts......

I want to upgrade my KT3 Ultra2 and XP2200 CPU..... I'm on a tight budget so I want performance for low price. I'll be getting the Abit NF7 mobo, but I'm undecided in which CPU to get...... I want something for the LONG RUN, the options are:

a) 2500 XP Barton and 512mb DDR GeIL 400
b) or just a 2700 XP CPU cause I have dual 256mb 333 DDR

I want my system to operate at 2.2ghz speed..... will the barton be enough overclocked?, will this procesor have the same lifetime as if I get the 2700 XP not OC?

PS... With the Abit mobo!, I wont need to unlock the cpu, right?
Thanx in advance.......

Thanx for your post, but the MSI KT3 Ultra2 doesn't unlock the CPU, can't mess with the multiplyer..... my BIOS is already flashed and supports 333FSB.

I want to upgrade my mobo cause it only supports 4x AGP, my main concern is which CPU would do best for me in the long run, the 2700XP or 2500XP OC?

Wouldn't like my system to be unstable or give problems after a couple of months.....

Suggestions are welcome!!!!!

I would go for the 2700+, if you OC it correctly it shouldn't give you any problems

Greets Crazy,

actually - sorry to contridict crazy - but the 2500+ barton will overclock ALOT better than the 2700+ throughbreads (and it has twice the L2 Cache - good for that extra performance)
with some good cooling the 2500+ will go to 2.2ghz easily (without changin the multiplier - just ramp the FSB up to 200)
as i understand it all bartons come with the multiplier unlocked anyway so that leaves you that option open aswell
at overclocked speeds (200*11 @ 1.75v) the barton will last long enough for it to be totally out of date when it fails but it wont last aslong as if it wasn't overclocked
my recommendation is buy the 2500+ - when i find the cash im going to get one and overclock the life out of it (not literally hopefully :D)
hope that helped

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back