AMD Radeon 8670M Notebook Driver Not Found

Hi All,
This is my first post here so go easy on me.
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8670M dedicated). Two days back after a windows update, some apps and games requiring the AMD Card started behaving oddly (appcrash/appquit/apphang). In order to resolve the issue, I tried updating the AMD driver to the suggested one for my congif (14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql ver 14.4 release date Sept 2014 as compared to the prev installed version of 2013) (I cannot get the version details at the time of posting since my driver is not being detected at all)
So during the installation process, I probably did not uninstall the existing driver and proceeded with the express install. The driver got updated smoothly but the app problems did not cease to exist.
To further check whether it was a hardware issue, I did a complete chkdsk command and a memtest on my RAM, results of which did not conclude to anything significant.
So, I did a system restore to a point created before the last windows update.
Now the MAJOR issue come to front. The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed while the AMD card was shown under hidden devices. The Error message corresponding to it was Code 45(device being unplugged) which showed the PCI Bus 3 port status to be <false>.
I re-installed the PCI express card driver but to no avail.
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.
I thought of reinstalling the Catalyst Center Pack which showed a error log (attached).
Dxdiag report now shows a basic display adapter instead of previously showing a primary Intel Adapter and secondary AMD adapter. (reports attached)
How do I proceed ahead with this issue.
  • Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
  • Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
  • What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

Attachments

• Catalyst Install log.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DxDiag.txt
    83.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag_ver02.txt
    105.7 KB · Views: 2
P.S I did a factory reset but still no solution to my existing problem. The AMD driver is still not being detected, although it has come back in the hidden devices option still saying it is unplugged with Error Code 45.
Updating all Intel Drivers also do not change anything in the Dxdiag file(it is still the same as ver-2 given above) I am downloading from dell support site.
Kindly HELP!!!

Can you uninstall the device from the hidden devices list?
On reboot of PC it might detect it as 'new hardware device found'.
Also worth doing a sfc /scannow (as administrator) which can't cause any more damage.
Use the shortcut method of 'Windows key + X' then click on 'Command prompt (Admin) then 'sfc /scannow'.

Yes, I did try the uninstalling the Device using driver cleaner, then restarting and then installing the AMD driver basic version. After that, once it started showing back in Hidden devices, I right+clicked on update and voila.. It got detected.
Now I have done a clean re install of the AMD driver(latest) and it is working fine. It took a lot of effort to figure out wherein the problem was but finally I think it is solved.
Thanks for the tip!

Ok, Good to hear it's working again.
I have found that once I have got everything running right, I backup all the drivers to an external hard drive, so I don't have to search for them again.

Programs to backup drivers; 'Glary Utilities' and 'Driver Magician'.

Back