And the ATI & NVIDIA war continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI right now is the current champion in the fps wars.......most models outperform the GeforceFX with more than marginal results. While it is true that both could stand to code drivers a little better, the Raedon series is on top, and I doubt that NVIDIA will be able to pick up the slack in the near future. For one, they've been working on the GeforceFX FOREVER, and it barely beats the Raedon 9700 pro which has been out for months now (if it all). Secondly, they're definitely gonna lose money, which is apparent from the FX's limited release. Let's hope that they have learned their mistakes from blunders such as the FX and the Xbox (which is irrelevant but also worth a note :eek:)

Can we please try to refrain from starting an ATI vs Nvidia war here (or anywhere else on this forum)?

People have different opinions based on feelings, facts and illusions, and some can be quite vocal and stubborn when someone questions their stand/opinions... (I should know, I'm one of them...)

It would also drag this forum into the dirt with endless flamewars, which I'm sure you'll agree wouldn't be a good thing...

I'm not saying either of you have done this, but ask everyone to keep this in mind...

I second that. We don't need any more pointless debates that don't really solve problems, or help others solve theirs. These sort of discussions are everywhere on the web and they don't achieve anything other than stir up heated passions. No offense, but go watch a soap instead, its much more fun and less likely to end in tears.

PS: I'm only kidding guys. Discuss what you like, that's what forums are for. :cool:

Sorry guys.Didnt think It would start anything and I believe Deception was stating very well known facts,and he put it "mildly". I might add FX does suck right now,hence the reason I cant wait for the NV35 to hit benchmarks too see if its worth buying(unlike NV30).Just for record I ment by refuse to go ATI is I cant bring myself to spending over 400 bucks on ANY hardware.he,he.Sorry again. Bump thread?

no offense spun or Deception ;) but though, posts like

"brand/monitor type/etc of type X really sucks and Y really rocks"

are kinda useless ;) IMHO only ... :p

that's just what MrG was trying to say, right ?...

No offence..this is post may spark up arguements, its going to be a "AMD vs Intel" like thread, end going nowhere.

All i can say is that rivalry ATI and Nvidia helps to create competition, prevents monopoly.

DA> Exactly what I meant...

Spun_1> Don't worry, neither of you did anything wrong, I just thought a little warning would do before things got out of hand... With a topic like this, they have a tendency to take off quite badly....

Originally posted by spun_1
Just for record I ment by refuse to go ATI is I cant bring myself to spending over 400 bucks on ANY hardware.he,he.

You don't have to go over 400 bucks to go ATI. (That model also includes a TV tuner ;)) You don't even have to go 9800.. You can go 9700 and still have better performing video card than nVidia, which is around $300.

Even so, the Geforce FX 5800 ultra is running over 500 bucks right now.

If price is an issue, ATI has ALWAYS been cheaper than nVidia... Especially now that they license their chips to other companies to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back