Antec 900 and gx2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenris

I was in the process of specing out a new gaming box when I had to put the plans on hold for a bit. I plan on building the box in the next couple of months and I had my eye on an Antec 900 case to build it in. I'm not 100% sold on the case but the reviews seem pretty solid. Newegg has it for $79.99 (counting a rebate) and free shipping. I had a couple of questions before I pulled the trigger and I was hoping you all could help me out. This is going to be my first build in years too.

I know that the Antec 900 is a mid-sized case but I plan on putting in a 9800 gx2 in it. Has anyone had a problem with this card with this particular case? Everything that I have read says it "should" be possible. Any ideas? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for any help.

Any idea if I will be able to throw in a dual card and run them in SLI with that case? Not sure when or if I will need two gx2s but I was just curious.

I don't recommend doing that, because even the cards fit, the hot air from them will affect the PSUs performance.

Well, I'm still two months or so before I can order all of the parts. I may be looking at a GTX 280 or an equivalent ATI card. The 4870 x2 looks like a freak'n beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back