Any assistance please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I have been struggling with a situatin for a couple of months now and have found no resolution. I could use some suggestions and guidance. This is my first post and really need to get this project off of dead center.

I have two hardware identical 64-bit PCs. One is up and operational with Windows XP. I need to duplicate it to the second system which has a clean, new harddrive without reinstalling all the drivers and support software.

I am using 1 160GB IDE drive in each system.

You can replicate it using Acronis, ghost, System Commander and a few others.

However, neither 64 bit Windows nor regular WXP or W2K, will allow the second copy or install to run. Windows will automatically detect there has been a hardware change and refuse to run without a new registration. If you use the new install, properly registered, under the newly revised Microsoft fraud detection system will detect the old one, or that you have two, and will post big flags on your computer systems that you have unauthorized software or fraudulent software each time you boot.

Nobody on the TechSpot forum is permitted to assist in creating illegal installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back