any ideas blue scary screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekade

hey guys! firstly i just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped me out ficking my sick puppy comp when it was on its last legs!!

now, my other comp, old dog, whom is used by partner to browse the net and play some games is having some problems....

at random times, everything on the screen disappears and a blue screen appears, with all this weird white writing on it. saying that there is a problem with software and to reinstall and if thats not the problem contact the comp manufacturer followed by heaps of crazy stuff (can get all the info off the screen next time it does it).... i have gone through and un-installed all the software ive installed since the problem has started--and it still does it. ive tried to do a system restore - but when the comp reboots it says "cannot restore your computer to this time".... ive tried doing itwayyyyy back and creating some install points..im really stumped guys...any suggestions??

deks

If you could let us know what the blue screen message says, including all the numbers.

Also the specs of the system in question would help.

Once we have that info we will be better able to help you.

Regards Howard :) :)

HELLO DEKADE
YEA what howard said

when you say you can't get every thing of the screen you mean the info because it flashed to fast for you to see it

if so

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click System.
3. On the Advanced tab, click Startup and Recovery.
I belive it is the text window 2nd from bottom

yours will probaly say small memory dump
select complete memory dump

unless you know how to use dmpcheck all this will do
for you is give you a good minute to copy down
the exception ,stop,bug and or parameters

maybe like this

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000021a (0xe1270188, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

anyways maybe we could get the mods to open up a post your dump files page unless they already have one

this is pretty old school stuff but i noticed a lot more blue screens lately
l8r

hey kids..this is what is says :D

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file : win32k.sys

Page_fault_in_nonpage_aread

Blah blah (stuff about contacting your system admin)

Check software – contact manufacturer
Remove or disable any newly installed software (heaps of random crap about deleting or reinstalling software)

Technical info

***stop: 0x00000050 _0xf51ec790, 0x00000000, 0xbf82dd4b, 0x00000000)

** win32k.sys – address bf82dd4b base ar bf800000, datestamp 422511a2

Beg dump of physical memory

now now now….it has done it like 5 times in the lat 20 mins….each time, it says a different file is causing the problem……its either win32k.sys, nv4_disp.dll or this msg Driver_irql not_less_or_equal

any ideas?

Your errors may be caused by faulty ram amongst other things.

Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes, If your don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Please post back with the results.

Regards Howard :)

kids: ok you type older than me
but i'm just immature and irresponsable(40)
i'm allowed at this age

sorry i didn't get back to u dekade
I have extented my self to much
trying to help on 3 forms and post pars for app on news group
and deal with my issues

i'll let howard take it from here unless i think i can add real info
and not just babbl.......

did i mention i had same problem about 3 weeks ago
started with many diff file being the problem
then stuck on IRQ_NOT_LESS_EQUAL

the mem dump pointed to my onboard sound card
It wasn't compatable

hope this helps
good hunting ps (howard you rock dude, :cool: your like everywhere)

dekade said:
hey kids..this is what is says :D

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file : win32k.sys

Page_fault_in_nonpage_aread

Blah blah (stuff about contacting your system admin)

Check software – contact manufacturer
Remove or disable any newly installed software (heaps of random crap about deleting or reinstalling software)

Technical info

***stop: 0x00000050 _0xf51ec790, 0x00000000, 0xbf82dd4b, 0x00000000)

** win32k.sys – address bf82dd4b base ar bf800000, datestamp 422511a2

Beg dump of physical memory

now now now….it has done it like 5 times in the lat 20 mins….each time, it says a different file is causing the problem……its either win32k.sys, nv4_disp.dll or this msg Driver_irql not_less_or_equal

any ideas?

nVidia Display Card Driver may be the culprit. Install version 61.77 which is a stabel version. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77.htm
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21330207.html
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_21394176.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back