Any Opinions? ATI or Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdBlizzardIce

Soo again I am torn.... 1900 XTX or the 7900 gt... Saphire x1900 xtx is about 479 and the EVGA 7900 GT is about 345... heard good things and bad things from both.... what i am concerned is which one will be the most stable and reliable.... I heard that the ATI handles games very well with HDR... Then again heard the 7900 is faster and better value... let the opinions begin!!

Thanks

My opinion... Nvidia and ati is used for game or general, but ATI radeom or ATI All in wonder is best card for steaming and editing as Media Centre PC.

go with Nvidia, and all in wonders are not entirely ment for gamming .

Geforce= Nvidia
Radeon= ATI

For gaming

well definity the x1900xtx is way better, especially with HDR as seen in the game oblivion.

But there is also a price gap, both are good, but the x1900xtx is way better.

Have also considered the 7900gtx 512? Wich is better then the x1900xtx?

was talking to my one friend and he says he has a lot of issues with the X1900XTX like artifacts and bugs with the drivers and compatability issues.... and he's been building computers for about 8 years now soo he knows what he is doing... the only that is holding me back from getting the ATI is those issues.... experinces with NVIDIA has been very good with stabability and drivers are crazy awesome.....

the last ATi card I meddled with was my friends X850XT.. and i thought it was a sweeet, perfect, awesome, defect-free, OVERPRICED card =]

I still say get 2x7900GTs or WHEN they get them back on the shelves, get the 7900GTX and maybe a few months down the road get another one for SLi =] nvidia cards drop prices fast

the 7900GT costs less than the 7800GT =P

I have to back NVIDIA. I have had both and ATi always seemed to have driver / direct-x issues.

The 1900xtx is the best. The 1900xt is the same card clocked slower, but you can fix that! The 7900gt is the best deal, but if you want high res or high quality settings the x1900 is much faster. What you said is correct.

nVidia has a yield problem and it looks like all the 7900gt's are gone. :(

BTW, ATi dirvers are good. Updated atleast once a month!

Yeah, the X1900XTX is loads faster than the 7900GT, but you'd also be saving close to $200 getting the 7900, so you could, as someone suggested, buy two 7900's and put them in SLi, for alittle more money.

But i'd say get the X1900XTX, its one of the best cards out there, actually probably the second fastest, behind the 7900GTX. Or if your more on a budget, one 7900, not that its really a budget card. It is one of the best values for the money though. :haha: it IS less than the 7800 GT, thats crazy! And you can always upgrade again down the road again, especially when DirectX10 - enabled cards come out.

Your choice!

I think the OC'ed 7900GTX pretty much whooped X1900XTX buttocks in MOST games. only time the XTX went ahead was BF2 High quality on super high res.

now, lets look at the price difference and performance ratio.. i think its right to say it wasnt a "close cal" if u look at it from all angles. if it was jus brute power.. then yea, its close call =D

I've had an Asus Radeon X1900XTX for a couple of months and have not seen any graphics problems.

lets also look at the availability also here.... the 7900 and the GTX are never in.... it seems to be hard to get ahold of as of right now but I can be wrong soon enough.... I am still sort of leaning towards ATI though... may give them a second chance

actually, the 7900GT is widely available, at least it is here in Canada. The GTX have sold out like mad. I don't think nVIDIA expected it to sell out.. look what happened to the XPS renegade, its a $10k machine n EVERY single one including the floor demo at expo's have probably been sold. AT LEAST nVIDIA actually puts cards out on the shelf, not just on paper *cough* ATi *cough :p

:haha: As of right now--ZERO 7900gt at newegg.

And grand total of ZERO 7900gtx.

Not just because they are selling good, but chip yields have been off.

Really it depends on what is compatible with your system. I compared 2 cards of the same time period, and NVIDIA came first, so I would get an NVIDIA card

I recently bought the Sapphire ATI X1900XTX and really couldnt find anything wrong with it. Even I was thinking of buying the Nvidia 7900GTx but compartively ATI 1900 is more ready for the upcoming games which use alot of pixels. It is the fastest card out there and the new ATI drivers have fixed all the previous bugs. I would recommend you to go with ATI if you will be buying a single card.

Well FPS isn't the only way to compare video cards... ATI has wayy better image quality so the graphics look alot better on ATI cards than Nvidia cards... thats why Nvidia is cheaper. So you can have more FPS on nvidia cards but ATI looks better. And as for driver issues with ATI... the 5.13 drivers PWN they have no bugs at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back