Anyone want to take a look at my minidumps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I went to the posting that said "Read this before posting minidumps" and I followed all the rules. I cleaned out the box, ran memtest (8 passes no probs), created a new pagefile, and downloaded Everest to monitor temps and voltage. So far, everything has checked out fine, no reported problems.

However, my pc randomly crashes once every 2 days or so. It happens mostly when I'm not using it. After I reboot it gives me "windows has recovered from a serious error" etc. Plus it gives me these BCcodes:

BCCode : fe BCP1 : 00000005 BCP2 : 81A640E0 BCP3 : 10B95237
BCP4 : 818A62C0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

So, I'm hoping someone can take a look at the minidumps and possibly point me in the right direction. I'm including the detailed PC specs just below the body of this post.

Best regards,

Phil

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name OWNER-3838CMW7G (Phil's MAIN box)
User Name Owner

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2000 MHz (20 x 100)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset ULi/ALi M1683
System Memory 256 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (11/04/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation) (64 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (1215296)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter ULi/ALi M5455 AC'97 Audio Controller

Storage
IDE Controller ALi M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller D347PRT SCSI Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP0411N (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Disk Drive SAMSUNG SV4002H (40 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive ATAPI-CD ROM-DRIVE-56MAX (56x CD-ROM)
Optical Drive Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B (40x/12x/40x CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 38193 MB (14134 MB free)
F: (NTFS) 38201 MB (14943 MB free)
Total Size 74.6 GB (28.4 GB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network
Network Adapter ALi PCI Fast Ethernet Controller (192.168.2.101)
Modem HSP56 MR (ALI+)

Peripherals
Printer Generic PostScript Printer
Printer hp psc 1310 series
USB1 Controller ULi/ALi M5237 USB Open Host Controller
USB2 Controller ULi/ALi M5273 USB 2.0 Host Controller
USB Device American Power Conversion USB UPS
USB Device hp psc 1310 series (DOT4USB)
USB Device hp psc 1310 series
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Printing Support
Battery APC Battery BackUP

All your crashes are caused by "usbohci.sys" which is Microsoft OHCI USB Miniport Driver. However, your Default Bucket ID is "INTEL_CPU_MICROCODE_ZERO." Im am not sure what this means.

Peripherals
Printer Generic PostScript Printer
Printer hp psc 1310 series
USB2 Controller ULi/ALi M5273 USB 2.0 Host Controller
USB Device American Power Conversion USB UPS
USB Device hp psc 1310 series (DOT4USB)
USB Device hp psc 1310 series
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Printing Support
Battery APC Battery BackUP

You have quite a lot of USB devices, I think that the Windows is unable to power all of them at once (because XP allocates a small amount of power to USB Ports), or that one device is causing the problem. Try to remove all devices, and if no problems occur, then re-insert them one by one to find which Peripheral is causing it.

Hi Altheman and thanks for looking at my problem. I've noticed that my USB peripherals look crazy but I only have 3 things plugged into USB ports (printer, UPS, and my IRiver mp3 cable). Do you think the three USB devices are too much? They've all been in simultaneous for almost a year and just over the past few weeks have I had these reboot/crash problems.

Thanks,

Phil

there is a possiblity that is the cause. try the suggestions in my earlier post. also, you didnt post what psu you have and how many watts (or did I miss it :D). there is a chance that the psu isnt supplying enough power, or is dying.

you mentioned you read the "read before you post minidumps" thread. Im assuming you've upgraded your system drivers. If you havent, you should do that as well.

altheman said:
there is a possiblity that is the cause. try the suggestions in my earlier post. also, you didnt post what psu you have and how many watts (or did I miss it :D). there is a chance that the psu isnt supplying enough power, or is dying.

you mentioned you read the "read before you post minidumps" thread. Im assuming you've upgraded your system drivers. If you havent, you should do that as well.

Altheman, it seems to be a generic 300watt ATX psu. Does that seem to suggest that this box is perhaps underpowered?

Lastly, I ran a "driver scan" that said I had 3 drivers that needed updating. One was for a modem that has never been used and the other two are for the graphics card and audio card. Do you think I should grab all three or just the two that are used?

Thanks for the advice and the patience!

Phil

300 watts does seem low, and being a generic model, it is most likely to fail pretty quick, and not likely to be up to scratch like branded models. use the calculator here to see how much you should have. The PSU is also powering the USB ports, so if its dying, then that can be underpowering the ports, and be the source of the problem.

As for the drivers (including the modem), you should upgrade as there can be bug fixes and stuff. For the display driver, uninstall it from the control panel, then use Driver Cleaner to remove remaining files, and then install the latest driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back