1. This step will remove all cleaning tools we used, it'll reset restore points (so you won't get reinfected by accidentally using some older restore point) and it'll make some other minor adjustments...
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]This is a very crucial step so make sure you don't skip it.[/B][/COLOR]
Download [IMG]http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads6/51a5ce45267c1/51a5ce45263de-delfix.pngDelFix by Xplode to your desktop. Delfix will delete all the used tools and logfiles.
Double-click Delfix.exe to start the tool.
Make sure the following items are checked:
Activate UAC (optional; some users prefer to keep it off)
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore
Reset system settings
Now click "Run" and wait patiently.
Once finished a logfile will be created. You don't have to attach it to your next reply.
2. Make sure Windows Updates are current.
3. If any trojans, rootkits or bootkits were listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!
5. Run Malwarebytes "Quick scan" once in a while to assure safety of your computer.
6. Run Temporary File Cleaner (TFC) and AdwCleaner weekly (you need to redownload these tools since they were removed by DelFix).
7. (optional) If you want to keep all your programs up to date, download and install FileHippo App Manager.
The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to FileHippo.com to see if there are any newer releases.
8. When installing\updating ANY program, make sure you always select "Custom " installation, so you can UN-check any possible "drive-by-install" (foistware), like toolbars etc., which may try to install along with the legitimate program. Do NOT click "Next" button without looking at any given page.