Apple prepping 27-inch Cinema Display, revamped Mac Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Apple is reportedly wrapping up development on two new products aimed at professionals. Intended for a June launch, the company will refresh its lineup with a 27-inch, LED-lit Cinema Display. It is said to be seemingly identical to the LCD used in the company's largest iMac, including the same 2560x1440 resolution and image quality. Cupertino planned to ship the screen earlier, but held off until the panel price came down.

Also due in June is a completely overhauled Mac Pro. Few official details are known but unnamed sources say the system will carry a pair of Intel's Westmere-based six-core processors. AppleInsider believes the revamped machine will stick with the configurations used by current Mac Pros. In which case, lower end models would probably use one of Intel's hexacore Xeon chips, while upper-end setups would have two for a total of 12 cores.

Permalink to story.

Ya gotta give Apple credit, they'll hammer you on price, but they don't compromise on their monitors. These will be IPS panels, not the s*** you'll get with an Emachines package deal.

Of course there will be the small matter of turning in your first born at point of sale.

With those easy payment terms, captain, surely Philadelphia should be good pickin's for one (or more) of these screens. Just a matter of swaying the right twelve or thirteen year old to part with their brand spanking bouncing baby Apple with a suitable inducement....how much would a prescription for Oxycontin and a box of 9mm's run ya?

Wow what nice big screen! Thats a major increase in performance from the previous Mac Pro it's nice to hear about apple [formerly apple computer] updating their computers. But in June...categoC

With those easy payment terms, captain, surely Philadelphia should be good pickin's for one (or more) of these screens. Just a matter of swaying the right twelve or thirteen year old to part with their brand spanking bouncing baby Apple with a suitable inducement....how much would a prescription for Oxycontin and a box of 9mm's run ya?
The truly pathetic and terrifying thing is, they think that that's quite an achievement, WAITING until the ripe old age of thirteen to have their first child. My former next door neighbor had a kid at 13, then came back with stories like, "sheet, dem ovah girls wuz reel young, meh-bee leben". I threw up in my mouth, but still managed to "tastefully" excuse myself from the "conversation". They actually don't want to give up the first sucker, it "opens the floodgates" to a wellspring of social entitlements, so to speak. Not to mention making the next one less painful. After that, the first hundred pounds is the hardest to lose factor comes into play, however this doesn't deter future swains, from making subsequent deposits in the old egg mill. Aldous Huxley noted this enhanced reproductive potential all the way back in 1937 in, "Brave New World".

Perhaps I'm too indolent or inhibited, but I don't want an Imac that bad. Nobody should, it's not natural.

To wit; "I'm a PC Yo, now gits you crack baby outta my face".

I hope among the upgrades they'll also release a new MBP with Intel's currents processor, have been holding back from buying one since forever I heard about it.

Those screens just keep getting bigger!
How long will it be before your Apple's monitor is bigger than your TV?

I'm somewhat interested in the new Mac Pro, the top price with everything loaded. Currently I remember it's around $23,000 or something, all loaded with most expensive parts and all the software. LOL.

I can't understand how anybody can stand a screen as glossy as these ones. Sure IPS is great but in sunlight all you can see is your reflection.

slh28 said:
I can't understand how anybody can stand a screen as glossy as these ones. Sure IPS is great but in sunlight all you can see is your reflection.

It is a bit of an issue, but i generally don't have my PC in too much sun anyway. I find it a lot easier to see how an image will look when printed when you are viewing on a glossy screen - so that is my reason at least.

apple is a gr8 company! their products are very addictive!
i have only one problem with it!
y dont they release their OS for non macs!

hello ...

& another big item to push me towards the MAC as next machine, but i don't' feel i have enough room for big monitors... maybe later.

cheers!

Richy2k9 - you could consider the Mac Mini, pretty powerful machine in a small form. Worst thing about it is the 2.5" hd, its a bit slow, but there are higher performance notebook drives out there, or you could get a 3.5" and use it in a FW800 enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back