Assistance finding motherboard manual/jumper settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Look it's me again, the 10-post 4-month dissapearing wonder :D

A friend of mine shipped me a motherboard and CPU to replace my current server (which is at a supremely fast speed of 233mhz with 128mb of 60ns EDO ram, pa-2005 mobo). He didn't have a manual or any info on it, and since I plan to tweak and overclock I really need a manual/jumper settings map.

I've looked all over and I've found many references any even benchmarks, and some guy in denmark offering to sell the manual for $16 (haha yeah right).

Anyone know where a comprehensive manual database is, or can help me find the manual to this one? I don't know the exact type, the BIOS reading is:

xx/xx/xxxx 577+ ITE8661

BIOS date is 07/15/1998, AWARD BIOS.

The board supports both AT and ATX power supplies, has 3 SDRAM 168pin slots, 3 PCI slots, 2 ISA slots, 1 AGP slot, onboard sound card, 2 USB ports, an AT keyboard port, PS/2 mouse port, PS/2 infrared port, socket 7.

It has an AMD k6-2/333mhz in it that is currently running at 300mhz, and 320mb RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help,

~ Soul

According to this page ( http://computertech.server101.com/xpro.htm), that board is using an a Via MVP3 chipset. With that much info, it's gonna be hard to find the brand though.

PC100AGP pro
The PC100AGPpro chipset is a relabeled VIA MVP3 100Mhz (VT82C598AT/VT82C596B) chipset. You can use VIA Busmastering IDE drivers.

Amptron Model: PM9900 03/09/1999-PM9900+ITE866-2A5LEH0AC-00
PC Chips Model: M577 09/14/1998-577-ITE8661-2A5LEH0AC-00

Originally posted by uncleel
CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos > Identify motherboard
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1971&highlight=motherboard

I already knew the type/chipset(found out a few minutes after I posted), turns out its a pcchips m577, just like I thought, and just like I thought, they no longer have any documentation on it and a google hit to an old page of theirs with an FTP link to download the manual results only in timeouts.

I need a *manual*.

Or at least a jumper reference.

"with an FTP link to download the manual results only in timeouts"

I was referring to that link you just gave me. The FTP simply times out, I cannot download that.

And I know what adobe is and that it reads pdf files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back