Asus A7A266 lockup problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus A7a266

Hoping someone can answer a question.

I have a Thunderbird 1.4 with a ASUS A7A266 board.
I have always had issues with lockups, only while using 3D games(sometimes very frequent, sometimes hours between).

I have read something about this MB having issues with "AGP Cycles on ATI cards". I have a GeForce2 64meg AGP video card. Not an ATI brand, but maybe.... They have a new BIOS that addresses the ATI AGP issue.

Is this likely what is causing my issues? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Asus A7a266

Originally posted by Vampire1
issues with lockups, only while using 3D games
GeForce2 64meg AGP
Audio and Video > What is "Infinite Loop" error
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=717

Nvidia "infinite loop" error
[Comments] by Per Hansson - 12/22/2001 @ 3:15 am
What are the symptoms of this error?
The error normally occurs under a Direct3D or OpenGL application, on systems using a GeForce 2 or GeForce 3
video card with WinXP and the Nvidia detonator drivers 23.11 or 21.83. There are reports, however, of the issue
occurring under Win2K. There are also reports of this occurring with ATI video cards but this has not been confirmed by VIA.

reply....

Thanks, for reply. I have W2000 professional(sounds like most happen in XP). It does sound like the issue though.
I'm still researching.

Welcome to the Board :wave:

Have you installed the latest VIA drivers. Also what version of Detonators are you using?

back...

Thanks Stormbringer.

Um, sad to admit I haven't done any tinkering with my computer lately. Just downloaded the 29.42 detenator drivers and will try tonight. Also just downloaded the 4in1 Via Service pack. ****, I have several things I'll be doing tonight with it.

Finally just got tired of the lockups and decided to spend some time working on it.

I used to be really strong in hardware issues, but have basically only focused on software the last 5 years. Missed out on a lot and am finally getting back into this side.

fixed...

All the problems I've had with 3d software, since I've had my computer were fixed when I disabled the Soundblaster Live card.

Unbelievable.

The infinite loop had nothing to do with drivers, or video card. But the stinking sound card.

I'm just glad I finally came across a mention of Live cards and W2K with other 3d software. Got me thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back