Asus UL30VT HD noise and Windows crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcroot

Hello everyone!

I am kind of worry about my new laptop that i got few days ago from Amazon (Asus UL30VT-A1) so far so good, the laptop runs really cool and it doesn't get hot at all, the reason for posting this thread is merely because this laptop is starting to act kind of weird for no reason, let me explain... Yesterday I was trying to install a software and for some reason windows crashed and the laptop started to make some weird noise that appears to come from the Hard Drive, this noise only occurs every time laptop/windows crashes and when this happens I need to shut down windows manually. Today the same problem happened, this time I was not installing anything but just web browsing and emails, when I closed my lid I thought the laptop went to stand by but for some reason this time it didn't, the laptop was on, screen off and the weird noise (from the Hard drive again!) I manually turned of my laptop and so far it seems to be working fine again.

Should I worry or not? perhaps the HD could be damaged or something?

Any ideas or suggestions?

other than a possible hard read/write error... no.

do you know what make/model hard drive is inside the computer?

other than a possible hard read/write error... no.

do you know what make/model hard drive is inside the computer?

I really don't know what model/make this HD is, it is strange since this doesn't seem to happen often, since I got my laptop (3 days ago) it only happened 2 times, I was just wondering if I should stick with this laptop or contact amazon/asus technical support? Once again is more a clicking noise coming from somewhere inside the laptop (perhaps the hard drive?) and whenever this occurs the laptop freezes up and i need to shut it down manually.

What should I do? give it another few days to see if the problems persists? or contact Amazon and Asus to see what's going on?

It's either the hard drive or CD/DVD-ROM drive since no other components have moving parts other than the cooling system. I would contact tech support and tell them that it's making clicking sounds, because it shouldn't no matter how new or old the computer is. The normal HDD sound is very subtle and doesn't sound like clicking which makes me wonder if the drive may be defective.

It's either the hard drive or CD/DVD-ROM drive since no other components have moving parts other than the cooling system. I would contact tech support and tell them that it's making clicking sounds, because it shouldn't no matter how new or old the computer is. The normal HDD sound is very subtle and doesn't sound like clicking which makes me wonder if the drive may be defective.

Ok Thanks, well i guess is the HD since this laptop model doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, I just contacted Amazon and they placed a new order for me, hopefully this time it will be all good.

It's a good move, and I agree with mp, def not something that's going to go away. Glad to hear that Amazon has a new one on the way...

It's a good move, and I agree with mp, def not something that's going to go away. Glad to hear that Amazon has a new one on the way...

Yeah, let's see what happens, i am kind of mad now since I really need this laptop for work and now it seems that i have to wait another week. Now, I am kind of worry since I don't want to get another damaged laptop, oh well... hopefully this time they will send the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back