ATI AIW 9800pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

questions about the ATI AIW 9800pro

is the all in wonder 9800pro worth $350 or should i just wait for another edition (i think this uses the r320? chip while r420 should be out by june). also with my current setup would i see a major change or is there a bottleneck in my system that will hurt my new card no matter what. also take in consideration that with the AIW i can then record all the "becker" and "7th heaven" i want.....man i love those shows....especially the one with dabacus... much thanks for any suggestions.

If you want to spend that much money on a videocard, that will not improve much on your current card, that is up to you.

However, your PC will appreciate evrything much more if you replace that PC2100 ram with PC3200 ram. All your ram is currently running at the PC2100 level!

Originally posted by realblackstuff
If you want to spend that much money on a videocard, that will not improve much on your current card, that is up to you.

WHAT???? What do you mean it won't improve much on his current video? He's running a GeForce 2. It will have a huge impact on your video - I upgraded from a GeForce 4 Ti4400 to a Radeon 9800 Pro and it was a huge improvement to video performance. I also have a Radeon 9800 Pro AIW - it's nice except that if you aren't seriously going to use the TV Tuner I'd get a non-AIW because you'll have the option for dual monitor setup. You lose that with the AIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back