Ati radeon 9550/x1050 series problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, let me get down to the point. Lately my steam games (Insurgency, TF2, and ZPS) have been acting up. When I play them, I can usually play 5-15 mins, but then, my character or camera freezes up, like you're being disconnected. However, I can still hear people chatting and hear the game going and see damage indicators. It doesn't go away though, so I have to disconnect. Afterwards, I cannot rejoin that same server--the connection fails. I either have to rejoin another server completely, wait a bit, or restart said game. I've been trying everything possible I could think of to fix it. I uninstalled some programs I got around the time this started happening, completely uninstalled steam and its associated programs, antispyware and antivirus scanned, and updated my gfx card drivers. Can anyone help me?

It's a really frustrating problem and make its hard for me to do my job and have fun.

Some tech. help would be greatly appreciate as I do not have the money to have it looked at professionally. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Person has intel penitum 4 cpu 2.8 ghz, 510 mb ram
Also, as a side note, my Heroes III game worked fine, if this helps specify the problem. I have yet to test out my other games, but as soon as I do, I'll update this post or post again with any new information. Thrice you people have my thanks. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back