ATI Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am having a weird problem with my computer. I suspect that it is the Graphic card, ATI Radeon 9600 PRO, causing the problem, but tried installing new as well as old drivers and still didnt solve the problem. Basically, whenever I am watching a movie on any media players, or playing a game (NFS, C&C,etc), the computer just freeze or sometimes restarts itself. However, when i log in into safe mode, i can watch the movies without any problems, and ofcourse cannot run any games as it is in safe mode. I am not sure whether it is the Graphic card causing that, so if anyone ever encountered something similar like that, please help me out. My computer's configuration is as follows:
-AMD Athlon x64bit 3000+
- 1 Gig of RAM
- 200GB HDD
-ATI RAdeon 9600 (128 RAM) graphic card
- Windows XP PRO SP2, fully updated

I have reformated my hdd, installed a fresh copy of xp pro, updated it, and did not install any other software (no antivirus, no antispyware), and the problem still persists.

I hope that someone can help me with that, as this is starting to be quite frustrating.

Cheers

I agree. I thought so as well. However, I did tested the fan, and it seems to work properly. Also, if it was an overheating problem, i guess it would have happened on safe mode as well. Any other suggestions?

Thought of this one as well. But, I have reformated the hdd (full lengthy format), and re install a different version of windows SP2, and try up movies/games, at first boot, with no network connection, and nthng changed.

Freezes or random restarting can most definately be caused by a weak/dieing power supply.

I'd see what wattage rating your PSU is and what brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back