Audigy 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spun_1

Has anyone upgraded from SBlive Plat. to Audigy 2? Was the difference huge?Seen alot of articles saying this is the one.Unfortunatly Im still loving my Klipsch pro media 400's so I am missing that 5.1,6.1 sound on my gaming machine.I do have on my soyo dragon ultra a SB 5.1 card with Logitech Z-640s,but I still love the SBL plat. with those klipsch,so If the Audigy 2 is way better ,Ill go with what you guys say, not the sites that got a free card. Thanks

Sorry I can't comment much on the upgrade from SB Live Plat. to Audigy 2 as I simply do not have the experience myself, but i do have a SB Live 5.1. However i feel that the upgrade from SB Live Plat. to Audigy 2 will result in many differences.

IF you were to compare them, Audigy is more superior compared to SB Live Plat, why?

Audigy2 is capable doing what SB Live Plat plus the following:

1) DVD Music Playback - first of its kind in the pc market
2) Support for Dobly Ex 6.1 surround(analog only), although current DVD carries 5.1 audio format, something worthwhile to consider.
3) IEEE1394/Fire Wire connectivity allow digital camcorders to connect to pc etc..
4) EAX HD Advanced
5) more superior audio processor
6) 24 bit Recording & Playback..something the Audigy failed to provide
7) Low cpu ultilisation

I see no reason why there will be no difference in sound quality. Most users who previously upgraded from SB Live PLat to Audigy1 never regretted. Since Audigy 2 is an improved version of Audigy 2, whats more...i hope you can get the picture.

Young&Wild wrote "........although current DVD carries 5.1 audio format, something worthwhile to consider."

Young&Wild, there ARE some DVD movies that have 6.1 discrete channels. It's DTS ES. The only one I have so far is Gladiator. I don't know if this format will take off and probably not much to worry about as far as the card you are talking about, just thought I'd mention it.

"Has anyone upgraded from SBlive Plat. to Audigy 2"

I did and the sound with the Audigy in my opinion is much better. Make sure you use slot 6 with the Dragon, I have a dragon and had serious problems installing the Audigy. Thank God for Google. HA HA

Originally posted by olefarte
Young&Wild wrote "........although current DVD carries 5.1 audio format, something worthwhile to consider."

Young&Wild, there ARE some DVD movies that have 6.1 discrete channels. It's DTS ES. The only one I have so far is Gladiator. I don't know if this format will take off and probably not much to worry about as far as the card you are talking about, just thought I'd mention it.

A good point made there, Olefarte. It should have been "most current DVD" to avoid confusion. You might be right that the format will not take off soon as this DTS ES(Extended Surround) feature are more commonly found in theaters and that most home theaters are 5.1 even though there are quite no. of titles carrying this format(6.1).

See,thats why this site is simply seperated from the rest.The "knowledge",not some kid saying "they rock,buy it".Thanks guys Im sold Having a raid system I have 7drives and 1being DVD,Audigy will be nice.Thanks for the heads up Cogenmaster,this will be going in my Abit board,my SBLP has been a resource hog since Ive owned it so Im used to that.Wow,my speakers are THX so this should be intresting.Im sold guys Im going to sneak past the girlfriend and go get it right now.Thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back