Audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

emox

i have to admit that i am a bit of a computer dunce, and would be most appreciated if you much more intelligent people could help me out.

a message keeps coming up saying that there are no mixer devices available, which makes it impossible for me to hear any audio sounds. Everything was fine a few days ago but now i cant seem to find a soloution to my problem. the computer sounds can still be heard when opening or closing windows, but not from the internet, cd's or dvd's. can someone PLEASE help and tell me how i can restore sound back onto my computer...

i apologise for the lack of jargon...

What are your computer specs? Dell, Compaq, HP? Do you have a sound card or on-board sound? Are you using Windows XP, SP2?

My comp is a sony vaio with windows XP. I dont think it has a sound card, but am not sure. Also, it was working yesterday, but today the the 'no mixer devices active' sign is back. i thank you dearly for replying..please help if you can.

Hmm, do u given a CD from the box? (this is 4 old vaios)
If yes then you could insert it and install the device drivers.
If not, can you tell us what type and series is your VAIO?

Welcome to techspot:)

Thanks for the welcome :) my computer is a
Sony Vaio VGN-N11H/W
Intel Centrino Core Duo T2250
Microsoft Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005

Laptop came with no CD's. however, i did go to the vaio website, downloaded the Drivers but im not realy sure what to do now, still not working. i thank you for your patience and hope you can help....thank you so much.

There is an option to recover the computer, where it will go back into it's 'factory state'. if nothing else works do you think this will? last resort?

It seems as though you have onboard audio, Make sure its enabled in BIOS which it probably is,

You must install your motherboard drivers which also install the audio drivers, then you should be set,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back