AVG Antivirus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamy_Goodness

hi guys

I'm sure this one has done the rounds a few times before, but bear with me please!

I'm having problems with the automated update for AVG (Free v7.5.476).

It'll notify that updates are available as usual, but then as soon as I try to download them, the average d/l speed slows down to a few bytes/sec and eventually times out.

At first I thought it was because I was using an older v7.5 incarnation so I downloaded the one i mentioned above, but the effects are the same.
It started happening about 2 weeks ago, and doesn't seem to be OS related, as it's doing it on seperate Vista and XP machines.

I haven't heard anything relating to problems on GriSoft's side, so I'm just a little confused.
Also, ruled out any lurking viruses and malware as I've done a clean XP install on a seperate box with the same results.

help please!!

akamages said:
Did you make any changes to your router that may be blocking the access to the update site?

Absolutely no changes my side. As far as i know my ISP isn't blocking them either, but i'm yet to confirm this, as a friend of mine on the same ISP is having the same problem.

Problem Found!

It seems to be that my ISP is the culprit According to them, there is a problem with their host, Akami.

Whether this is an excuse cooked up by them is anyone's guess.

Either way, I'm using Avast on my main installation now, and I'll monitor AVG on my old box to see if there's any improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back