Battlefield Hardline Beta Benchmarked, Performance Preview

Steve

Staff member

battlefield

Despite being riddled with glitches and crashes across all platforms when it was released in late 2013, Battlefield 4 is among the best looking games available on PC and it seems to be as popular as ever. Now that things seem to be in order and after five DLC packs, EA is ready to take a step forward in the franchise with Battlefield Hardline, the first Battlefield title worked on by Dead Space developer Visceral Games.

Battlefield Hardline is scheduled to arrive on March 17 but starting this week you can get your frag on for free during EA's open beta phase, which should hopefully help avoid a repeat of the launch issues that plagued Battlefield 4.While the Battlefield Hardline beta will be available to gamers on all platforms folks playing on PC can use this performance preview to determine what kind of performance your graphics card will deliver. 

As always, PC gamers stand to get the most out of this release as the Xbox One is limited to 60fps at 720p, while the PS4 will run at 60fps at 900p.

Read the complete article.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I've found so far is, the graphics are not as nice as BF4's but saying that, the beta for BF4 had rubbish graphics as well so I'm going to assume the full version will look much nicer.

Also, It hasn't been noted across the internet much but I find the loading times on Hardline to be absolutely astonishing. I store most my games on SSD (including the Hardline beta) and Hardline will load up the next level in seconds, BF4 on the same SSD takes nearly double the time.

Again the R9 290x beating again the gtx 970, it seems to me that I bough the wrong product

We found the GTX 970 to be slower than the R9 290X from day one, albeit by a slim margin when taking the average from multiple AAA game titles.

Even if the graphics aren't as good as BF4 if the gameplay is good I don't mind. And since it can be played on mid range PCs it will have more players overall which is a good thing I guess.

Clearly EA doesn't want the optimization nightmare it had with BF4. My guess is the game is well-optimized at this point and graphically is the same as BF4.

The sandstorm on that dust map is taking a serious hit at the fps. Got a gtx770 4gb and when the sandstorm kicks in the fps went down from 60 to about 30.

What I've found so far is, the graphics are not as nice as BF4's but saying that, the beta for BF4 had rubbish graphics as well so I'm going to assume the full version will look much nicer.

Also, It hasn't been noted across the internet much but I find the loading times on Hardline to be absolutely astonishing. I store most my games on SSD (including the Hardline beta) and Hardline will load up the next level in seconds, BF4 on the same SSD takes nearly double the time.
with this being said can I just add that with my hdd on bf4 all points would be captured already by the time im in the game? in bf hardline im in instantly

I don't find the The Dust Bowl and Downtown maps to be graphically impressive even with two GTX 980s doing 1440p, but the plush interior of the bank on "The Bank Job" map does look good... except when it's filled smoke and tear gas. Whatever the graphics quality I'll be buying this game, anyway because it's loads of fun.

Oh, and the Satellite Phone for the mechanic is a *spawn beacon*.

As far as the game. It is fun. And I agree that the Bank Job map does look good. Real good. I'm using an i7 4790k OC'ed to 4.4GHz and a MSI GTX 980 4GB and the game runs very well. I saw no glitches or hiccups in the 8 or so hours I've played. Frame rates stay high (even on Dust Bowl) - around 100FPS at 1440p. And likely the game will be optimized and polished a tad more before release.

Definitely will be buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
My numbers line up with your review numbers steve.

I'm averaging 63fps at 1200p on ultra.

Using a Radeon 7970Ghz.

This game is threaded well uses all 6 cores on my i7-970.

I bet they will really improve graphics before release because a lot of people were complaining about the lack of destruction and how the frostbite engine wasn't being fully harnessed.

Cool insight @Steve, these are some interesting results to be sure but we will have to see what changes on launch. I do find it funny they recommend an R9 290 or a GTX 760, I always though it was a typo though and they meant 780.

Performance and graphical fidelity are all bound to change with drivers and the full release of the game. However I think it is pretty cool someone took the time to put this all out there.

Back