Belkin N150 Router

Type of Connection : Dynamic
Light Status : Flashing Amber
Cable Broadband
Operating System : Window 7 x64 Home Edition
COnnection Status : Disconnected

I have a Belkin N150 Router and the Amber light wont stop blinking , any ideas would greatly be appreciated , also im not able to connection to the internet what so ever.

Hey Rod. Look at the led's on the modem, is the Internet led on, and if so,can you connect straight to the modem by Ethernet cable and go online?
Is this a new router that worked previously?

The modem is flashing orange during the process but the router even when I attempt to connect through lan port I get no connection.

Edit : Sorry I've made a mistake , instead of flashing the router LED light is still (I.e no blinking) , and this is an probably 1 yr old router that worked perfectly back then. I asked my ISP tech to assist me , and he couldn't get it to work so he called his friend who he calls a "pro nerd" and he told him "Good Luck" abruptly after mentioning its a Belkin N150 , he said its quite common these are faulty.

First things first. I would check that the Internet signal led on the modem is on and is steady before anything else. If it is, connect a pc directly to the modem first using an Ethernet cable and see if you can get online using more than one browser if the first browser makes no connection to the Web. If you can go online, connect the router to the modem and after a minute, see if the router online led is on steady. If it is,connect a pc by cable to one of the router ports and see if you can get online, again,using a second browser if the first browser fails. If the router's online led is off, it's either a router gone bad or the cable between the modem and the router WAN port. I myself would check to see if there is a firmware update for this router on the Belkin web site before buying a new one as I once got a "dead" Linksys router to work by updating it's firmware.

Have your ISP do a check of your line from their site. If your modem light is still flashing, either you have a problem with your line, or a defective modem.

Back