Best ANTI-VIRUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

Hey everyone....Just a quick question... I want to know what the best, most effective and easiest to use ANTI-VIRUS there is. I have been using norton 05 for some time and as we all know it detects attacks, but it does nothing about them......

I want a anti-virus thats going to tell me its found an infection and after I review it and hit delete its gone....None of this "Delete Failed" crap like norton likes to do.

But I dont want it to bottle neck my system either....

Any suggestions let me know.......

Avast antivirus is quite good - for free
DrWeb is simple and convenient. Personaly I use DrWeb for a long time already and it suites me for all reasons.

Here is a good link to read. With links to several different Antivirus programs in the 2nd reply, discusson follows.

I'd second ender on using NOD32. Its quite good and finds things that Norton normally doesn't find. Powerful scanning engine and easy to use too.

I'll be the third to recommend NOD32, after trying Norton, PCcilin, Panda, Kaspersky and a few others,IMHO nothing came close to NOD32.

NOD 32 is easy to use and configure (you dont have to touch anything if you dont know what you're doing - it'll still do an outstanding job or you can configure it to suit your need).
Small filesize + you have a 30-day trial on their site - check it out, it's worth the time!
Regular updates!
Never missed a detection (still is on the top of the detection list of all AV software)!
Not resource intensive.
Effective at cleaning the viruses...

And the list goes on and on, my experience with NOD32 has been so great the last few years, that every single of my friends is using it, and I can tell you that they havent had a virus problem since :)

Avast! is great,free and comprehensive as it offers IM,mail,web,network
(no, it isn't a firewall)protection along with standard realtime monitoring.

antivir is a no frillls but extremely effective antivirus if you need a different feel from the rest.

I would say McAffee, but the above mentioned ones are fine as well. The only one I wouldn't recommend getting is symantec, because they have some security issues with their software as of now.

I really like Avast! Home Edition. It has real-time monitoring with transparent email and web scanning, a really slick interface, and easy-to-use scans. My only problem with it is that the email scanning doesn't seem to work for me unless I set it up as an email proxy, and even then it doesn't seem to work on my SSL-enabled connections.

I've been using Norton for some time and have not had any problem with viruses. I realize it does a lot of "quaranteening" and not as much deleting as I'd like but it's worked for me. What's the Symantec security issue?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back