BF2 cd key error

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent111

Hi,
I currently have battlefield 2 installed on 2 computers (both with same cd key), I have resently been given a second cd key by someone who no longer plays the game so that I can have 2 pc's playing on same server, however after installing the game with the new cd key I try to access a server I keep getting an error message telling me that the cd key is invalid, I know this is not the case because its printed on the back of the book and my friend was using the key to play. I have also tried formatting the HDD and then reinstalling the game and I get the same error.
Is it something to do with the registry?

Please help

silent111 said:
Hi,
I currently have battlefield 2 installed on 2 computers (both with same cd key), I have resently been given a second cd key by someone who no longer plays the game so that I can have 2 pc's playing on same server, however after installing the game with the new cd key I try to access a server I keep getting an error message telling me that the cd key is invalid, I know this is not the case because its printed on the back of the book and my friend was using the key to play. I have also tried formatting the HDD and then reinstalling the game and I get the same error.
Is it something to do with the registry?

Please help
Most likely it's the same case with a Windows XP computer where it detects the hardware for a computer when it submits the CD-Key.

But I'm not sure so let someone else give their opinion.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the cd-key is also tied to the BF2 player account from which it was created.

You may need to create another, new BF2 account with the second CD-key/installation in order to use both in tandem at the same time.

I'd try this and see if it works. It's not a bad deal anyways since that first weapon unlock is an easy 1000 points. :)

I need help on the same thing.

Well, its not exactly the same but today i installed BF2 and had installed all the patches and everthing. I was ready to go. It went smoothly until i tried joing a server. The screen saying 'Joining Server' poped up and then there was an error. They said my cd was invalid. I read on another cite that i should re-install it. Now that I have uninstalled it it gets stuck when i put the second cd key in. It just stops. What should i do??? I just baught the game and was wondering what to do.

Thanks
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back