Big problems with video..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I've got a biiiiig problem with my graphics or something...
The problem is that my screen goes black, starts to flimmer alot, that all the pixels in my screen just switch to a random color and I often get blue screens... Sometimes I get a little warning sign that says the picture screen driver "nvlddmkm" has stopped working and has been reset.

I tried reinstalling my graphics card several times, both with the drivers from the CD I got when buying the graphics card, and the drivers that I downloaded from the creators homepage. I also tried switching my graphics card to a new one this week but the same problem appears.

Please help me, I have no idea what to do!

Since the problem is occuring with your new card as well I suggest that you perform a clean install of your OS and re-install the graphics drivers afresh.

If you don't want to format your HDD then you may download Driver Sweeper and remove all present video drivers from your system. After that perform a clean install of the latest drivers available for your card.

Thank you for replying to my post

The problems appeared as soon as i installed my computer.
I am currently using a ZOTAC GeForce GT 240 1GB ZONE edition
The card that came with the computer was NVIDIA GeForce 250 GTS 1GB I believe

I have already done what you suggested Ritwik7, I removed all my video drivers from my computer and reinstalled the cards with the latest drivers from NVIDIA's homepage (treid with each of the cards) but it didn't solve the problems :(

I have not overclocked my system btw.

What PSU are you using?

Before you do anything else I suggest taking the time out and re-installing your OS to check if your problem is solved.

I don't know what PSU is and I'll try re-installing my OS but now I have to sleep.
I will post later on when I've tried re-installing my OS, although it might take some time, since I need my computer for school work atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back