Big XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scopexmoh

ok so somehow i got a trojan. It was using bpcpost and it was blocking me ou from regedit, msconmg, norton, etc.....all exes. so i went to a microsoft help page and they said to go in the reg. and change where it said exe from bpcpost "%1"% or smthng lke that. so i did it all and everythng worked great. but when i reoboot. the login screen comes up. i login. it says loading preferences. and then it goes black. lke the mouse is there. its failng to load smthng. lke i can ctrl alt del. and see task manager. and its werid. no menu bar or icons or anythng. Any ideas

Tried System Restore to get back to where you were before you tried to fix the trojan? If you had made a backup of the Registry before you made the changes you'd be able to try again, or try another method of removal.

Keeping your AV software updated is highly recommended. Backing up the registry is also highly recommended. I have personally been mucking around in my registry since win 95 and I still back up before making changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back