Bios check sum error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo After power failures from storms and the power company. When try to boot the pc up I get bios check sum erros halts and looks for awdflash.exe file. I have tried to load from the cd that came with mobo. The bios does not not flash. I've also removed to battery and power for 20 min. with no luck.
The problem remains. Thank you fro your help Randy.

Your board manufacturer will have a set of bios files on their website. If you can get to another computer and d/l them, they will work. you will have to create a startup disk with the format utility, and then copy the awdflh.exe file and the bios file that come with the d/l to the floppy disk. Then when your computer boots up pop this disk into it, and have it boot from it. It will load up to a dos prompt.

Then enter the command awdflash.exe *enterbiosfilenamehere*.version number and press enter.

Ex. For one of my boards i would do A:/awdflash.exe v7030vms.360

Make sure there is a space between the command and file to use. This should fix your problem

Also I just went to the ASUS website to check for the files for you, and it says your board, assuming I have the correct one (A8N32-SLI Deluxe)
is an AMI BIOS. which means the above command would be wrong.

Instead the utility and bios files are located here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8N32-SLI Deluxe

You are looking for the DOS one, not the ASUSupdate tool, because you can't get into windows.
And the version you would want is 1303. The newer ones are just betas. Let me know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back