BioShock is Upon us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikeru

BioShock is here... FINALLY! :D

If you're not entirely sure if the game will interest you, check out some reviews...

IGN review
One more review

Though not everyone is pleased.

Drop a quick search on Google if you want to check out a couple more reviews.

I can't pick up the game yet since I am at VoiceCon, but will be purchasing it soon enough. :)

Demo can be found here.

Am I the only one excited about this game?

Cheers!

Maikeru Hatamoto

good point lol

but short meaning "not satisfying" i want more :0(
When the game hit the shelf it will satisfy me .

Im trying to play the demo now but Im having alot of audio problems. Crackling, popping and drop outs. Ive updated my Audigy and video drivers but it hasnt helped. It makes the game twice as hard to play when you're not getting good positional audio. But the video doesnt seem too demanding. Im playing at 1600x1200 with a single 7900GT.

Damn you I wanted to make this thread too :(

I just bought the Collector's Edition, it came with the "Big Daddy" figurine it's about 6" tall.

I played the game and it's very very good ( on computer, not xbox )

100/10 :D

Solved one problem and created another. I turned off hardware acceleration for the sound card and the audio cleared up but the extra load that put on the processor caused alot of dropped frames. Now Im playing at 1200x980. Time to go SLI.

The only thing I don't like about this game ( for computer ) is the system requirements, you need atleast 1.5+ gig RAM to play it on max, I have only 512mb RAM ( but a really nice videocard :haha: ) so I can play it on medium with low resolution

well i only got 1 gig of ram ATM on my machine and i run the game max + Frap on xD [pushing it to the limits wmahahaa]

I think shutting necessary programs off help, or maybe lower the resolution [mind was at 1024 x 768]

Yeah Condor, I have a 1650x1280 monitor ( also a 1024x768 monitor right next to it :haha: )

I lowered it all to Medium except the textures which I kept at max and im running the game on the 1024x768 monitor, i'll probably build my DX10 build soon anyways ( The computers in my profile I sold on Ebay along time ago )

Not surprising - which PC game these days doesn't use StarForce or SecuROM?

There's also quite a lot of debate about its widescreen implementation - which is to cut top and bottom off of a 4:3 display, then zooming in the view. A better way would have been to add more content to the sides. Maybe there'll be a patch in the future, but I guess Xbox 360 users are out of luck.

DRMs are stupid anyways VNF, It's sooooo easy to get cracked games these days that it's basically only protecting the people who buy the games legally.

Mictlantecuhtli, the ElderScrolls series doesn't use any Serial number crap like that, it just asks that you put CD in each time you play and that's it ;)

vnf4ultra said:
So did you all see that bioshock installs a rootkit? Good job 2K games, you won't be getting my money. Apparently if you install twice without uninstalling "properly" then you get locked out of your own game. Heck, I reinstall(windows) semi-frequently, and I don't uninstall my games before doing so. Die DRM die!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/more-bioshock-shock/bioshock-pc-+-you-only-install-twice-292222.php

join the dark side : D

er.. what i mean was; file a bioshock petition on DOWN WITH ROOTkit! =]

Yes, I know Oblivion doesn't have copy protection. Bethesda seems to be the only game company to realize that protection stuff doesn't work.

And of course online multiplayer games don't need this - as far as I can tell, Guild Wars, EverQuest II and World of Warcraft don't check for any discs, for example.

Mict; of course the MMO games don't check for CD's

The game is just a client, you need to pay for an active subscription to be able to play, so it would just be counter productive to copy protect the game client...

And yes, I was thinking about buying Bioshock but after seeing all this crap now I wont, played the demo and it bitches about Process Explorer!?

I mean wtf, I can't have process explorer open because why exactly?
And it's not as simple as just shutting down process explorer, I have to restart the whole computer! Meh

Hope someone releases a crack soon so the sorry people who actually bought the game can use it the way they like to! (Tomb Raider Anniversary had the exact same issue btw, didn't buy that one either after finding that out...)

Get it for the 360, I sold my Collector's Edition with the Big Daddy figurine on Ebay for $80 and bought the 360 version, it has no problems playing :)

I already beat it 2 times :D

Plus DRMs are stupid, who ever thought of it in the 1st place should be kicked in the balls ( :haha: ) because it's so easy to get cracked versions of programs these days, I bet if you google cracked versions of a program you'd find 1000000s of websites with it :|

Maikeru said:

I just read that whole article / all the comments and I think that guy who made the review should get kicked in the balls, all he did was complain about the AWESOME AI and Gameplay because it wasn't made for the crappy PS3 :haha:

Also what do you mean by that condor? Which games contain keyloggers?

Plus... I don't think Keyloggers would affect much of the gaming community unless they actually type in their Steam passwords everytime they log in :blush:

Galactic Civilizations 2 had good system where you didn't need CD-Key to play, but if you bought legally you got a serial number which would allow you to get updates. Proper updates as well, like mini-expansion packs.

The number is checked in a register to ensure its the only one, so pirates can't access the updates.
Thats how things should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back