BioStar 'GeForce 6100-M9' Mobo - System Randomly Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs:

AMD Athlon64 3500 Socket 939
BioStar 'GeForce 6100-M9' Mobo
nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express
1G DDR

I am currently having problems with my computer randomly restarting, especially when playing games like Call of Duty.......sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. I have replaced the CPU as well as the power supply. I've also disabled all other apps at start-up (using MSCONFIG) to eliminate other potential software from causing the problem, and yet the problem still exists. I was playing COD last night and it restarted 20 minutes into the game. Before I replace the Mobo, I was looking for any suggestions on how to further determine root cause?

it is properly seated
the drivers are up-to-date

Thx
Zim90

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Howard,

Here's what I've done so far and I'm still experiencing restarts......in fact I had 2 over this past weekend.

1. Replaced CPU
2. Replaced power supply
3. Tried differerent memory
4. Installed latest video drivers
5. Deleted and created new page file
6. Ran CHKDSK (no errors found)
7. Shut off all extraneous pgms using Msconfig

I've attached the 2 mini-dumps from this past weekends restarts.

Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated. I'm beginning to feel like I might need to replace the MoBo.

Thx
Ed

Unfortunately, both your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C.

You have some kind of hardware failure.

Since you have replaced almost everything, I think your problem is either your video card or your mobo.

Check your mobo for leaking or bulging capacitors. See HERE for further info.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back