Black screen,unable to get into safe mode, dell pc vista windows 7

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm sure there are some experts out there that would take some time and troubleshoot my dell pc . Here's the details.black screen upon startup, after windows logo appears, unable to get into safemode, it will just 'loadfiles' a long stream of them will scroll down and then right back to a black screen. I am able to get into boot device menu /F12. Not sure which avenue to take.Please help. Thank you

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm sure there are some experts out there that would take some time and troubleshoot my dell pc . Here's the details.black screen upon startup, after windows logo appears, unable to get into safemode, it will just 'loadfiles' a long stream of them will scroll down and then right back to a black screen. I am able to get into boot device menu /F12. Not sure which avenue to take.Please help. Thank you.
I would like to add that I searched thru the forum for help with no luck
I

If you're pretty confident that the system had no viruses, then (as Tmagic650 said) a failed boot drive sounds kinda right, but you are getting a loading screen, and it is loading files, usually if something was wrong, you would see it hang on something in particular, and even at that point enough has been loaded for the OS to tell you something was wrong. I'm thinking it's a virus, but I'm not 100% sure. Get the original disks and see if you can reinstall the operating system, or even better, get another PC to burn Puppy Linux to a disk, boot it, and see if you can access your files from the live CD.

Back