Blue screen assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
This is my first post on this site I sure hope I can get some help. I have a Dell E6400 that keeps blue screening. Stop code is as follows: 0x000000c2.I am unable to include the minidumps as the software I am using keeps telling my I have the wrong symbols. Can some one point me in the right direction??

Little more information:
System running windows xp pro
I have updated the drivers for the Intel matrix storage but no change.

Thanks for any assistance

Just FYI the mods will most likely move this to the correct BSOD forum.

We need your minidump files (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip but if you only have one or two just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Your error code 0xC2 are usually caused by faulty drivers or buggy software.

Blue screen

Sorry about that before I was getting ie error when trying to add attachment. Any assistance on the BSOD I would really appreciate, Also symbol assistance would be good to: I am trying to use Windbg but the general symbols I don't get anywhere.

thanks again for your help

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 1
The following codes are reported: 0xC2 which has already been defined. 0xA which are due to either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level higher than it is designed for. 0x8E which are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes by drivers.

And 0x24:NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

Because you have so many different error codes and because the minidumps only gave Windows OS drivers as the cause (too general and thus not much help) you'll need to run standard and yet important diagnostic steps.

1. Run ChkDsk Start > Run ChkDsk > Okay and tell us if it says in stage 2 something like "recovering lost files.

2. Do a harddrive diagnostics. DELL may provide diagnostic tools to d this.

3. Run a memory diagnostics. Again DELL should provide.

* If Dell does not provide diagnostic utilities for eith #s 2 or 3 let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back