Blue screen, crashing laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xatc

This happens often when waking up from sleep mode, or screen saver, and during racing games, grid and dirt to be specific.
this is the event viewer report:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf038ecc, 0x8b0d9c34, 0x00000000).

I have hp elitebook 6930p, 2g ram, ati 3450 hd graphic card operating on xp sp2, here is the last files dump files.

my laptop is brand new and I've sent to hp support and they claim the hardware is healthy.
can anyone help with this, I installed the latest drivers but nothing improved.

Attachments

• Mini021809-02.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 6
All four of your minidumps cite trhe following ATI drivers: atikvmag.dll, ati3duag.dll, and ati2dvag.dll (x2).

Ask HP why they didn't consider drivers.

Your errors are 0x7E (this is a broad error saying it can be hardware, software, etc.), 0x50 (which can be hardware such as RAM, software, etc.), and 0x8E which are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes by drivers.

I don't know if you can uninstall and reinstall or updating your video drivers will violate your warrenty but if you can you might want to try the following yourself:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* I would still contact HP and ask them about video card drivers and what your minidumps show.

** You could also go to HP's website, find your laptop model, and update your system drivers from there. Let us know if this brings stability.

did that and will test through game playing when i get home, thanks and i will let you know

i think problem of BSOD is solved, thanks a lot man, i really appreciate it,but the game sometimes terminated by an error (grid.exe) and pro evolution soccer 09 starts smoothly and suddenly it is painfully slow, any ideas.

Games are very graphic intensive and the demands modern games make upon the GPU will bring even high end systems to their knees. Laptops are not really considered gaming machines and unless you have the highest of the high end you are going to have slowdowns etc.

Have you tried to lower the game's video configurations to see if this minimizes slow downs? Is your dedicated graphics card 128 or 256? By the way, I looked up your laptop. It is sweet.

As for grid.exe it doesn't matter if it is new. It is an executable that has caused problems for many. It isn't your system, it's the game's grid.exe.

yes i tried lower resolutions but it didn't differ, slow downs are happening, the dedicated gpu ram is, "as the catalyst control center says" 512 MB, i also checked the web for my model, it is said that it comes in 256 MB dedicated ram, the problem is i had HP 550 laotop with shared memory graphic card, and it runs PES 09 smoothly without slowdowns, my elitebook is far better than that 550.

I did some research on the ATI 3450 and though it does some things very well I have come across several instances where the consensus in reviews and by owners is that it really isn't a good gaming card. The 3650 is more of a mid-range card for medium settings.

Your laptop is better than the HP 550 in certain ways but it appears the graphics card may have been more conducive to your gaming. Since it is dedicated maybe an upgrade in the near future?

i think i'll wait a while for an upgrade, or getting a new desktop may solve the problem, thanks a lot people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back