Blue screen errors while running WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

On May 2nd, I experienced my first blue screen error in a very long time. I was hoping it was an isolated incident, but such was not the case. It has happened many times since then. Yesterday it blue screened about 3 times in 15 minutes. It only seems to happen when I'm running WoW. I turned off automatic restart for serious errors and managed to jot down this information from one blue screen.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0xBF8011B3, 0xF616AA48, 0x00000000)
Win32k.sys- address BF8011B3 base at BF800000, Datestamp 49900FC9

Also got a "Kmixer.sys" and "DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error. Now I have no idea what could possibly be going on. My laptop is a few years old and things might just be failing on me. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105, with Windows XP SP 3, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M series. I thought at first it was the driver for my graphics card, but I already checked that it was updated. I also ran AVG full computer scan along with a Spybot S&D scan, only turning up a few random cookies and adware. I also ran chkdsk and drafragged twice with no results. I thought WoW had an error since I did notice it crash once before the blue screen and ran a repair on the program, but had a blue screen shortly after. I did have an issue with my laptop overheating previously and it was shutting off to prevent damage but I bought a laptop cooling pad and attempted to clean the fan. The laptop is staying at a more cool, consistent temp now so I don't think anything is heating up. One possibility that occured to me is maybe my hard drive is loose? A few times I got a blue screen was when I moved my laptop abruptly (might just be coincidence), but I'm not even sure how likely/possible that is. I also read that it could be an issue with RAM. I had the 512mb of RAM that came with my laptop, but put in an additional stick of 512mb but that has been in for 6 months or more. Maybe it's going bad? I already opened part of the casing to make sure the hard drive was in place and to check the sticks of RAM. Everything there looks good, but still crashing. I am going to be making a bootable CD for memtest86 and running it overnight tonight. Looking for someone a little more computer saavy for some advice :D Thanks!

1. Attach your most recent three or four minidumps to your next post. You will find them (in XP) in this folder -> C:\Windows\Minidump.
2. Are you absolutely sure you could not be infected?

While your error often points to the very issues you are checking, Malware and Virii can cause all kinds of error issues... including this one.

I would recommend following the "8 steps". -> https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

And if you find issues, or problems following them, then start a new thread here... https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

Otherwise, just continue here with your memtest results and your minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back