Blue Screen of Death - 0x0000007E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, just joined the community and thought I would say hi. Unfortunitely, I am here because of the dreaded blue screen of death.

A couple of days ago I purchased the components for a new Dual Intel 5150 dual-proc workstation. (see the specs in my profile)

I was able to get all of the components working (I think) but when I try installing Windows XP Pro it goes through the initial 'inspecting system components' and loading drivers, but then blue screens when it tries to load the Windows setup GUI.

I get the following error:
stop: 0x0000007E <bla> <bla> <bla>

pci.sys -address F748E0BF base at F7487000, datestamp 3B7D855C

I do computer animation for a living and can't wait to try out this new box. Unfortunitely, right now its just a paper weight.

I'm hoping that someone has a solution!!

Thanks for reading my post.
Cheers,
Scott

Out of curiosity, is your hard drive clean or wiped (just out of curiosity, nothing to do with the error, I think)?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

The only thing that seems applicable in the article is damaged ram. I would think that your BIOS can run Xp, and the video driver issue doesn't seem out of the question, although I'm not sure. I'm more concerned with the second part of the BSOD that you wrote about. Do you have 32-Bit Windows Xp, because I found a similar issue posted on some websited on google with installing 32-Bit Windows Xp. Well good Luck, hopefully someone that knows how to fix instead of diagnose will post :) . Also, welcome to Techspot :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back