Blue Screen of death after sleep

Macho

Seagate Seatools - F8 Fixall short. I tried that option. Fixall short. It tries to fix bad sectors. I showed no problem with
cleardiskinfo.exe The S.M.A.R.T. diagnosis showed nothing wrong, but I had various Blue Screen of Death reasons
with a sluggish re boot.

Little red lettering is hard to read telling us to press F-8. Somehow afterward, even though the process FAILURE
to continue, I have my hard disk back working and not so sluggish on the re boot. Or maybe it just fixed it self.
I have been trying to go economy and use a used hard drive for my second disk I use for backup storage.

Try a different hard disk if you have the blue screen of death, and the other one may not have a problem that the
other one has, even though it does not seem to show that there is a problem with it. For now, I have that one working
ok. Hard Disk Sentenel, is that worth the money?

What error codes are the Blue Screens? Download WhoCrashed, run it, and it should give the codes. List them here along with what they site as the problem. Also, run the Seagate Tools full scan , not just S.M.A.R.T. This will take a long time. There are other steps we can take but do the scan first.

Did you run any virus scans?

As a side note, if you can afford it, get an SSD but we can deal with that later.

Did you notice the FIXALL selection? click on the small red print that says something about press F8. It does some repair work if the sectors are repairable. Seems to work for now. BUT

SeaGate Disk Wizard, software downloaded for free from Seagate, has a CLONE, feature. You can click (*) customize, and expand the sectors if the new hard drive is larger in GB. or shrink if smaller.

First, check the new hard drive to make sure it is good, then go ahead it works, and you have to "activate service" to get all your old programs with a registration key, to work again on the new hard drive. You may have to also, go into settings and put the Windows 10 activation key back in again.

I did this twice to get off of the disk that keeps crashing when coming out of sleep mode. It could be the firmware, is out of date, and SeaGate does not seem to support updating, when I clicked to do that, the page was a 404 page missing.

Just do what route44 ask you to do, I'm trying to stay of this.
@Route44 Use this for him it will help figure out what the problem is.

I clicked on your link & downloaded, BlueScreenView.
CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I have been playing with Victoria 5.23.
Maybe the read time is too slow with hundreds of reads that take a second, rather than really quick in micro seconds.
What do you think would be the best way to get rid of this ongoing problem?

Does it give an error code like for example 0x00007E and does it give a driver or something else as probable cause rather than just CRITICAL PROCESS DIED?

I clicked on your link & downloaded, BlueScreenView.
CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I have been playing with Victoria 5.23.
Maybe the read time is too slow with hundreds of reads that take a second, rather than really quick in micro seconds.
What do you think would be the best way to get rid of this ongoing problem?

Use the dump it will give you, post it here later on today, usually it will put the dumps in my documents/settings.

C:\Users\maikusama\Documents\

Back