Blue screen (PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Seeking help ..

Recently I'm encountering a problem in my Windows Xp Pro Version 2002 SP3

PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Error code 10000050, parameter1 bad0b148, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 805bb45e, parameter4 00000002. (Most of the times)

Error code 000000c2, parameter1 00000007, parameter2 00000cd4, parameter3 02060001, parameter4 89d844b0. (once)

in blue screen and hung. so i had to restart manually.

Any help is highly appreciated.

BTW is there any way to test my ram/motherboard/HD for faults? In another thread of this forum I found a link but that link is already dead. :(

Three of your errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Unfortunantly the 3 dumps only cited Windows OS drivers that are too general to be of much help (but notice what I italicized in the definition).

The other dump is much more specific. It is an 0xC2 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case it specifically cites the driver vsdatant.sys which belongs to Zone Alarm.

We have had a number of people here posting with issues concerning this driver. So, you can either uninstall and reinsatall or see if they have updates. Some people find completely uninstalling ZA the only work-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back