Blue screen when disc is inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi joined the forum as was told is the best place to go to get a answer

Anyways my problem is i recently connected a second hard drive due to lack of space but now if i have my disc inserted when windows is booting up i get a blue screen after the loading screen finishes saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

And the bottom says

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000009C

i also get this problem when a disc is inserted while windows is loaded and if i disconnect the other hard drive i still get the problem but not always i tried changing round the jumpers the cable order making sure the bios is right doing memtest and now i have formated today and still the same problem thinking it was a registery problem
anyone else had this problem or any odea how to fix it Thanks

Great news i think i have fixed the problem on my power suply the power lead that leads to the two back fans then the same power lead from there then runs into my second hard drive i was using but what i noticed was that the port on the fan lead had a pin pushed in so it seems that the problem was down to the wiring which i thought in the first place and so far everything is fine gona do a fresh format again then i will report if all is good Thanks Tmagic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back