Blue screen when trying to start a game of BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelleTM

Hello!

I'm not good at techical things so here's the story;

I've installed BF2 fresh from the disc and installed the latest patch 1.22 without trouble.

I have Windows XP Home edition. Graphics card is Nvidia GF6800 with the latest drivers installed.

When I start a game (multiplayed or singleplayer) it starts to try to optimize the video performance (always does that if you have changed video settings or if you have just installed the game) and it goes into a blue screen. It says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. But I think it has said something else too. The thing is, this didn't use to happen before. I don't know what the problem might be. It only happens with BF2.

**Edit** added minidumps. Can anyone help, please? :O I have no idea what might be wrong.

**Edit** I tried removing and inserting each RAM-stick one by one and each one of them gave the BSOD-error, so I don't think it's the RAM.

**Edit** Question: How do I go through my system and update all the drivers necessary? I don't even know where to begin or what to download.

**SOLVED** Was Norton's fault.

I searched the forums here and found some other thread detailing a similar problem but I didn't really understand the solution provided there. Link to the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back