Blue Screen with

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regularly keep getting the blue screen message with teh following messafge in the

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x40000080 (0x89b8fad0, 0x8968dcd8, 0x805502b8, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101708-01.dmp"

Could you please help ?

Rgds
Srikanth

Srikanth,

How long have you been having this problem? Did it begin after a recent installation of hardware or software? Are you running active antivirus and anti-spyware software and have you recently noticed any other odd behavior with regards to your system?

Can you boot into Safe Mode without the error occurring? Reboot system and press F8 when it is first starting up. Then choose Safe Mode with networking. If you can get into safe mode I would suggest you run your antivirus scans (update defs first) and antispyware programs.

Also take a look at your event logs to see if you can pinpoint the times and the event associated with reboot and BSOD. (assuming you can get the systemm into safe mode)

Control Panel -- Performance and Maintenance -- Administrative Tools --- Event Viewer

Tracy

Thanks for the reply tracy,
i have been using for past 10 months, i ve been getting the rproblem for past 6-7 months.

I am not getting blue screen while start up. While iam working , i suddently get .this happens once in a day. Then when i restart it starts up. I had given the dump in my earlier mail .

I could not narrrow, due to which software /hardware installation, it is happening . can you pls help

rgds
Srikanth

Does this occur roughly at the same time after start up? For example, do you work on it for 6 hours and then it crashes and does this happen consistently every day after about the same amount of time. Are you using the same software each time it crashes?

Do run antivirus scans and antispyware scans to see if there are any infections.

In your thread you mention the minidump, but I don't see it attached to your thread.

Tracy

not necessarly in the same tinme. it crashes after severa lhours not but need not be consistnet though. It happens even when i anm not using any application also. (in desktop)

Other observartion , it hapens only when computer is connected through ethernet adapeter in office (cable).

when iwork at home using wireless , it has never crashed.

rgds
Srikanth

See if you can update the driver for the ethernet adapter. Bugcheck 40000080 is the NDIS driver bugcheck (network related).

Sounds like peterdiva has a potential solution for you. I did not know the information about the wireless connectivity prior to your last post. Good catch!

Hope you get the problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back