blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Im new to this. Heres my specs.AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66 GHz - 768 MB RAM - 40 gb HARD DRIVE

I just purchased a WD 120 GB passport USB HD, I installed it and after a little use, my computer just keeps restarting and going to BSOD. I can get into safe mode from there. Once I unplug the HD and restart a couple times it will go into normal mode. The error im getting from the BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - 0x0000000A - Im not sure what to do know as if I have it in normal mode and try to plug the USB HD in it, it restarts the computer and back to the BSOD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I contacted WD and they couldnt state what the problem was, I uninstalled the external HD and now I cant even get into safe mode, once it starts to go to safe mode it goes to the system.bus settings and ends up going back to the BSOD, the HD techs said that my internal was probably failing and has failed. Im just not so surem but if thats it then Ill have to deal with it. Just seeing if anyone could help me out. Appreciate it.

Before you try the XP repair installation, I might suggest running a chkdsk. Could be your file system has corruption. If that doesn't work, then try an XP repair.

Tmagic650 said:
Good idea almcneil :approve:

Thx Tmagic but the truth is I learned that technique while working at the Dell call centre. As I wrote in another post today, I did the "callbacks" a lot when I became more experience (manager thought I did those very well, he was easy to fool! :p ) Anyhow, as part of the callback, I would read the agent's notes before calling the customer back to see what was done. That's how I learned a lot of nifty techniques. This one woman couldn't boot to her Windows Desktop in either Normal or Safe Modes. The first tech agent advised her to try a chkdsk. I was surprised as I would have tried an XP repair installation myself. When I called her, she said it worked and she would boot straight to her Windows Desktop! I then IM'd the other agent and said, "Way to go!! I'm going to remember that one!" :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back